10-19-2019 01:44 PM
79 123 ...
tools
    I'm so torn here. Now that my S10+ has Android 10, the only thing I'm gaining is a marginally better camera and a "worse" screen.

Your thought?
    Morty2264 and gendo667 like this.
    10-15-2019 01:42 PM
    I'm on an S10e and would consider a pixel 4 a pretty serious downgrade.
    the_boon and Sonic Sunglasses like this.
    10-15-2019 01:53 PM
    Gosh no. It's just "New" phone. The rest on paper spec is nothing. What they're charging is a joke.
    Golurk likes this.
    10-15-2019 03:18 PM
    No.
    10-15-2019 05:36 PM
    Their Face ID security (without fingerprint scanner) using the camera is a joke. Massive fail. I'm betting we'll see a price cut within a month. How a huge company like Google managed to drop the ball in this is absolutely mind boggling.
    10-15-2019 06:36 PM
    Their Face ID security is a joke. Massive fail. I'm betting we'll see a price cut within a month. How a huge company like Google managed to drop the ball in this is absolutely mind boggling.
    Why do you say that ? I heard it was quick and accurate.
    10-15-2019 06:38 PM
    Why do you say that ? I heard it was quick and accurate.
    Quick and accurate doesn't equal secure.

There is a reason Apple invested so heavily in 3D facial scanning technology before they even bothered to introduce Face ID on an iPhone. And it wasn't so we could have cute animated 3D emojiis.

I'll the take the real and proven biometric security provided on my S10+, thank you very much.
    TgeekB likes this.
    10-15-2019 06:41 PM
    I was not going to buy the Pixel 3 because I didn't think there was a big enough difference between that and my Pixel 2 to justify an upgrade.

But the Pixel 4... Well, it looks great but I just don't want to spend that money on it. It's an amazing phone, no doubt about that. I'm due for an upgrade - will get the S10/10e. Maybe I'll look out for the Pixel 5.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    10-15-2019 06:59 PM

There is a reason Apple invested so heavily in 3D facial scanning technology before they even bothered to introduce Face ID on an iPhone. And it wasn't so we could have cute animated 3D emojiis.

I'll the take the real and proven biometric security provided on my S10+, thank you very much.
    Lol... gotcha , I didn't hear about how secure it was yet as I'm still at work , but later will watch some YouTube on it .
    10-15-2019 07:10 PM
    Lol... gotcha , I didn't hear about how secure it was yet as I'm still at work , but later will watch some YouTube on it .
    I'm guessing we will see a YouTube video on how to hack their Face ID soon. Oops oh wait Google owns that too. Maybe not. Haha
    mustang7757 likes this.
    10-15-2019 07:28 PM
    I'm guessing we will see a YouTube video on how to hack their Face ID soon. Oops oh wait Google owns that too. Maybe not. Haha
    Haha...it supposed to be 3d face unlock
    10-15-2019 08:20 PM
    Haha...it supposed to be 3d face unlock
    Supposed to be, but what that means to Google is anyone's guess. It seems we are supposed to just take their word for it.

They certainly aren't saying that much about it, which is not only surprising given it would be an Android first to have proper 3D facial recognition...but doesn't give us any indication whether it's any better than Apple's tech (sarcastic missives by Google aside) let alone trustworthy enough.
    10-15-2019 09:29 PM
    Supposed to be, but what that means to Google is anyone's guess. It seems we are supposed to just take their word for it.

They certainly aren't saying that much about it, which is not only surprising given it would be an Android first to have proper 3D facial recognition...but doesn't give us any indication whether it's any better than Apple's tech (sarcastic missives by Google aside) let alone trustworthy enough.
    We see what YouTuber say in their reviews
    10-15-2019 10:06 PM
    We see what YouTuber say in their reviews
    I'll take a wild guess the Tubers will love it as long as its fast and easy, but won't have a frigging clue as to how it really works, how secure it is or indeed what it's actually doing because...well, Google has provided next to zero explanation and clearly expects us to take their word for it, no questions asked...
    10-15-2019 10:11 PM
    I'll take a wild guess the Tubers will love it as long as its fast and easy, but won't have a frigging clue as to how it really works, how secure it is or indeed what it's actually doing because...well, Google has provided next to zero explanation and clearly expects us to take their word for it, no questions asked...
    People going to closely review it , it's a big thing and want to know how it stacks against apple
    10-15-2019 10:14 PM
    People going to closely review it , it's a big thing and want to know how it stacks against apple
    Not saying they won't review it and even compare it to Apple ad nausea, but that's not my point. What the heck will they know about how it works when even Google themselves have said next to nothing about it? Apple gave a very detailed and IMO credible explanation to win over the trust of their customers. It's also been actively implemeted and proven for two years running.

Google has done nothing of the sort and quite frankly its quite shocking, given Android's absolutely laughable reputation in this area.
    10-15-2019 10:20 PM

Because Samsung scanning your face is secure? But Google doing it is not? I guess I don't see the correlation as to why Samsung face unlock is more secure.
    10-15-2019 10:22 PM
    Because Samsung scanning your face is secure? But Google doing it is not? I guess I don't see the correlation as to why Samsung face unlock is more secure.
    LOL I never said Samsung face unlock was secure. Face unlock on Android period has been a complete joke up to this point. For Google to not only come out with something they claim is secure, but take a swipe at Apple in the process is IMO a big gamble.

Barely a few weeks ago Google was caught red handed with one its contractors testing their new face unlock on homeless people. They had to cancel the testing program. You ready to trust your credit cards with it?
    10-15-2019 10:30 PM
    LOL I never said Samsung face unlock was secure. Face unlock on Android period has been a complete joke up to this point. For Google to not only come out with something they claim is secure, but take a swipe at Apple in the process is IMO a big gamble.

Barely a few weeks ago Google was caught red handed with one its contractors testing their new face unlock on homeless people. They had to cancel the testing program. You ready to trust your credit cards with it?
    I did not know about the cancelled experiment. That's a major "whoops" to say the least.
    10-15-2019 10:36 PM
    Not saying they won't review it and even compare it to Apple ad nausea, but that's not my point. What the heck will they know about how it works when even Google themselves have said next to nothing about it? Apple gave a very detailed and IMO credible explanation to win over the trust of their customers. It's also been actively implemeted and proven for two years running.

Google has done nothing of the sort and quite frankly its quite shocking, given Android's absolutely laughable reputation in this area.
    I don't know why you getting so nervous about this ? Phone just was announced .
    10-15-2019 10:47 PM
    I am going to pre-order tonight, get it here and see how it goes. Send back if i do not like.

Thing is the screen is worse, storage is worse, build isn't as good or equal to S10
    10-15-2019 11:01 PM
    I think it's an awesome smartphone. And the price is cheaper than the other flagships. If I was in the market for a flagships this would be the smartphone for me. But, I just can't do flagships devices anymore. I don't see the point for myself owning a flagships smartphone.
    10-15-2019 11:14 PM
    I am going to pre-order tonight, get it here and see how it goes. Send back if i do not like.

Thing is the screen is worse, storage is worse, build isn't as good or equal to S10
    Other than a few new gimmicks, I don't think it has much on an S10 besides the camera. So not that different from last year's Pixel.
    10-15-2019 11:17 PM
    I don't know why you getting so nervous about this ? Phone just was announced .
    Maybe I'm making you nervous, LOL. I'm not nervous at all. Just discussing.
    10-15-2019 11:18 PM
    Maybe I'm making you nervous, LOL. I'm not nervous at all. Just discussing.
    Making me nervous lol not at all..I'm doing the same just discussing
    10-15-2019 11:31 PM
79 123 ...