Buttons or gestures

Buttons or gestures

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I've been using gestures for a long time and on many different phones and I wouldn't get back to the old three/two icons nav bar even if they pay me :) I've used gestures from front FPS, back FPS, pill, full gestures, any sort of custom launcher gestures, swipe typing, you name it. For me it's easier, more intuitive, much better for one-handed use, bigger screen real estate and much more power with the flick of a finger. No way back. But ... that's me. I wouldn't say gestures are faster though. It's too personal and muscle memory or old habits are hard to break for some people.

I've been trying to convince people to give gestures a try for as long as I started using them, and I've had a mixed response. Some people, like my brother, can't stop thanking me enough for making their online life much easier, others just looked at me and were too polite to tell me what they really thought about my unwanted advice.

It's too personal, I'm just glad that we have the different options to play around and see which one is the best for each one of us.

Oh sorry, forgot to answer OP's question. Try as many different options as you can and then decide which one makes you happier when using your phone

Last edited:

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Gestures are faster for me, and I don't have am iPhone.

How so? That's what i want to know.

Let's pretend a tap and swipe (gesture) is as fast as a tap (button) for general use. There are still daily use cases where buttons are faster than gestures, is there a single case where the reverse is true?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I'll give one that's definitely faster, palm swipe to capture screenshot is faster than simultaneous power and volume down to take screenshot. No making sure fingers are on the proper buttons and pressing buttons simultaneously.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
How so? That's what i want to know.

Let's pretend a tap and swipe (gesture) is as fast as a tap (button) for general use. There are still daily use cases where buttons are faster than gestures, is there a single case where the reverse is true?
Swipe typing is also way faster then button tap typing

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I actually agree with both of you, but you must know that's reaching.

We're obviously talking about navigation, are we not? Both of those things can be used with navigation buttons enabled.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol