Unable to update Smart Switch

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
When I open Smart Switch, it says an update to the app is available. It says downloading, but the download never starts. I have a good wifi connection and I also tried using data. I uninstalled the app and downloaded the latest version in the play store. Upon opening, it still said an update was available. Again the update never starts. Is anyone else having this problem? I'm on the one ui /Android 10 beta if that makes a difference. Maybe their download server is offline?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
When I open Smart Switch, it says an update to the app is available. It says downloading, but the download never starts. I have a good wifi connection and I also tried using data. I uninstalled the app and downloaded the latest version in the play store. Upon opening, it still said an update was available. Again the update never starts. Is anyone else having this problem? I'm on the one ui /Android 10 beta if that makes a difference. Maybe their download server is offline?
Hi, smart switch is used for software updates not app .

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi, smart switch is used for software updates not app .
I had withdrawn from the beta and the instructions said to download the pc version of smart switch which I did. I connected my phone to the pc and started smart switch on the pc. There was no downgrade button I was told I would see. I thought I also had to have the app open on my phone too. Guess my best bet is just to call Samsung in the morning. Still, the Android Smart Switch app refuses to update. I knew I shouldn't have joined this beta. Lesson learned.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I had withdrawn from the beta and the instructions said to download the pc version of smart switch which I did. I connected my phone to the pc and started smart switch on the pc. There was no downgrade button I was told I would see. I thought I also had to have the app open on my phone too. Guess my best bet is just to call Samsung in the morning. Still, the Android Smart Switch app refuses to update. I knew I shouldn't have joined this beta. Lesson learned.
Which app is this ?
Maybe we can solve it

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Are you talking about beta for Android 10 or beta for a app?
It's the one ui/Android 10 beta I joined through the Samsung Members app on my unlocked S10. I had some performance issues after using the beta for a few days so I decided to withdraw using the one ui app that was installed along with the Android 10 beta. The instructions said to de-register using the one ui beta app which I did. I then connected my phone to pc and started the pc smart switch app. It recognized my S10, but says I have the latest software. Maybe there has to be a time lapse from withdrawing from the beta until smart switch recognizes you have withdrawn and offers to roll back your software. I was on the Google beta for my Pixel 3 and when you left the beta, within minutes you had a download available. If I can't get back to my pre-beta software, I will be forced to enroll back in the beta and stick it out. Why does Samsung have to make this so difficult?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It's the one ui/Android 10 beta I joined through the Samsung Members app on my unlocked S10. I had some performance issues after using the beta for a few days so I decided to withdraw using the one ui app that was installed along with the Android 10 beta. The instructions said to de-register using the one ui beta app which I did. I then connected my phone to pc and started the pc smart switch app. It recognized my S10, but says I have the latest software. Maybe there has to be a time lapse from withdrawing from the beta until smart switch recognizes you have withdrawn and offers to roll back your software. I was on the Google beta for my Pixel 3 and when you left the beta, within minutes you had a download available. If I can't get back to my pre-beta software, I will be forced to enroll back in the beta and stick it out. Why does Samsung have to make this so difficult?
Yeah little different procedure then pixel , register back on beta and don't derigester until you connect to smart switch then plug your phone it should say stable build do u want to continue and hit yes after it gets you back up to public software then derigester

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your help, Mustang. The problem is that Smart Switch is not recognizing I've withdrawn from the beta. It still says your device software is up to date. How can I roll back? I withdrew again this time while connected to Smart Switch and it still says I have the latest software. This is crazy.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
I found SmartSwitch was not able to work in the past with beta systems.

Always gave those false messages. I'm sure there are comments in Community forum.

Beta 2 which is what came out days ago for USA users us much better and doesn't have the issues #1 had.

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I'm going to call Samsung in a while, but I'm sure they will just tell me to take it to a service center to reflash it to stock. I have other phones I can use so I may just stick it out.

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Problem solved. I was using the cable that came with the phone. I switched to a cable from my LG V40 and Smart Switch immediately offered me the downgrade.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Problem solved. I was using the cable that came with the phone. I switched to a cable from my LG V40 and Smart Switch immediately offered me the downgrade.
I'm glad it was just the cable ..glad you stuck with trying to troubleshoot yourself.