Hello there,

I am planning to buy a new phone. In my country mostly we will best 3g or some area 4g coverage. 5g will not available next 3 years. so on this point for battery life which will be the best s10 plus or s10 5g? and does s10 5g battery will drain quicker if it not get 5g coverage

thanks
    saif
    10-29-2019 12:38 AM
    I've got the s10 5G and it's an awesome device i get consistent 10 hours battery life and the added extra cameras are awsome... I didn't buy for 5G but bought it for its big screen and large battery never once used it on 5G yet... I'll more then likely have another device before i get 5G in my area... Don't hesitate to pick it up it blows the s10 + outta the water.. unless you need sd card support or more ram just go for the 5G model
    10-29-2019 02:21 AM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    10-29-2019 08:18 AM
    Duplicate threads merged.
    10-29-2019 01:02 PM
    Hello there,

I am planning to buy a new phone. In my country mostly we get 3g or some area 4g coverage. 5g will not available next 3 years. So my priority is battery and camera on this point which will be the best s10 plus or s10 5g?
    And also I need to know does s10 5g battery will drain quicker if it not get 5g coverage. and can I disable 5g from network mode or not?

Waiting for u guys valuable reply
    thanks
    saif
    Hi, welcome!
    If you can get the 5g version if plan keep the phone for awhile, it will still connect to 3g,4g and when 5g becomes more widely available. The specs are little up from the regular version so you'll be all set , hope this helps.
    10-29-2019 01:13 PM
    The battery life, if you don't connect to 5G, will probably be less than 1% worse, so you'll never notice it. But if there won't be any 5G available for 3 years, and the 5G version costs any more, why spend the money - unless you're planning on keeping he phone at least 5 or 6 years?
    10-29-2019 01:33 PM
    I plan on getting the s10 5g and note 10 5g on At&t if they ever release it. I’ll just buy them to test out 5g. Last resort is to buy the Verizon version as both have limited 5g in places I travel to.
    10-29-2019 07:07 PM
    I've got the s10 5G and it's an awesome device i get consistent 10 hours battery life and the added extra cameras are awsome... I didn't buy for 5G but bought it for its big screen and large battery never once used it on 5G yet... I'll more then likely have another device before i get 5G in my area... Don't hesitate to pick it up it blows the s10 + outta the water.. unless you need sd card support or more ram just go for the 5G model
    What do you mean you get 10 hours? 10 hours of SOT? I have the plus and if I get less than 24 hours with a minimum of 5 hours SOT I'd think something was wrong... I almost never go 24 hours but it always says I can, except when I start getting into 8+ hours of SOT. Then I'm in the 15 to 16 hour range.

Anyway, after I had already made my purchase and had my device for awhile I thought maybe I had jumped on the S10 a little too soon. I mean for 300 or so bucks and a few months of waiting I could have had a bigger screen and all the possibilities of 5G. I don't live an area with 5G so it would be like buying futures I guess, lol. Then I started hearing all of this stuff about how unhealthy, really all of these G's are, but especially 5G. Then I figured I would worry about it when they were putting a 5G tower on every other corner and just deal with my slightly smaller screen until then. Now before everyone goes telling me I'm crazy for believing that 5G is dangerous let me just point out that they still make and sell cigarettes. People aren't smart but they are greedy and if there's a buck to be made, even at the expense of health, someone out there will say, it's not that bad, on their way to the bank to cash that check. Joking but serious.
    11-03-2019 03:22 AM