Verizon November System Update 9

Nyvideo

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Just got it on unlocked phone. We also had the fingerprint sensor update earlier in the week which made it so much better.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Just got it on unlocked phone. We also had the fingerprint sensor update earlier in the week which made it so much better.

I have an unlocked +. For me, I wouldn't say anything got better with that earlier update. Still using the factory screen protector, FYI. Honestly I kind of feel like it got a little worse after that one. Not like, Oh my I can't get into my device, worse, just not as good as it was. After that update, literally days ago, I got kicked out of most of my sign-in with fingerprint apps. Bank of America app flashed a warning about Samsung FPS and just won't allow me to use it to sign-in anymore. I first noticed that Samsung Pay wouldn't recognize and/or accept my fingerprint. So I made a new one and signed in to all of my FPS sign-in apps, which then wanted me to re-agree due to the security change. All except BoA of course. I found it odd that it wasn't until I got the update that all of this happened. Seems like all of that should have happened, I get the update, everyone breathes a sigh of relief and everything goes back to working. Hopefully this does make things better, or at least as good as it was before. I'll have to wait until I get home tho, no WiFi. Thanks again Samsung... I totally don't get the need for WiFi for updates. I can't get it over my trusted carrier's data but I go to some seedy public WiFi spot, that's ok? Alright, just checking in to see that I'm not crazy and didn't just download an update a few days ago, only to find another one waiting for me. Hahaha

1raygin

Jun 24, 2017
Visit site
Just downloaded update for November patch. A few days ago I downloaded an update to the October patch. I have downloaded updates using Wifi and Lte. Unlocked using Att network.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I have downloaded updates using Wifi and Lte.

It's my understanding that certain security patches can be downloaded with carrier data but system updates and the like have to be downloaded via WiFi.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Note-9/Note-9-only-allows-updates-thru-WI-FI/td-p/415470 You'll have to skip to the middle because the initial response was about security updates.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5...software-updates-over-mobile-data/td-p/740347 This one has an interesting solution... Hot Spot tethering... Again any old crappy WiFi connection just not mobile data. So ridiculous. :D

astrodan13

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
The weirdest thing was Verizon pushing the update on November 2nd. So far every update to a Verizon phone (BlackBerry or Android) it's always been much later in the month, usually towards the end of the month. I'm wondering why this was pushed so soon. Does anyone notice anything very noticeable? I don't use biometrics, so I'm really not sure.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
The weirdest thing was Verizon pushing the update on November 2nd. So far every update to a Verizon phone (BlackBerry or Android) it's always been much later in the month, usually towards the end of the month. I'm wondering why this was pushed so soon. Does anyone notice anything very noticeable? I don't use biometrics, so I'm really not sure.
The fingerprint sensor seems to be working better for me. I'm not getting errors that it couldn't recognise my fingerprints.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995