In my personal opinion, the Galaxy S10 is the best smartphone of 2019

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
What's up y'all, I just feel the need to praise this phone right now because of how good it is. I'm mainly an Android person but I do use iOS as well and whatever else tech is available, I just enjoy it all. In 2019 I pretty much had all the main flagship phones. From the S10 (even S10e), iPhone 11, note 10, OnePlus 7 pro and OnePlus 7T, tried the G8 but didn't try the pixels although I have had hands on. To me the Galaxy S10 is the best of them all without a shadow of a doubt. Let me explain why and again this is from my perspective. When I say S10 it can be the S10 plus or the S10e although to a lesser degree for the S10 e but I personally use the regular S10 at the moment.

This phone pretty much checks every box of a flagship device. From the build quality to the amazing design, the fantastic display, the good battery life, the solid performance, the features, the cameras, the HEADPHONE JACK...it just does it all. It's the most versatile phone out there. I feel like this is a smartphone we do enjoy now but years down the line we will look back at it as one of the best smartphones ever made especially because of its versatility.

I drive for Uber from time to time and I have a Prius. I have YouTube premium and I download lots of YouTube videos that I watch/listen to when I drive around. Unfortunately my Prius has an issue where when I connect phones to the Bluetooth, the video isn't in sync with the sound. I don't know if it's a Toyota issue or what but it sucks cause I watch YouTube videos all the time and it just doesn't work as it should. The solution to that problem is an aux cable and that's where the headphone jack is a major win for me. Because the S10 has it, I don't have to worry about crappy adapters that work half the time. With the aux cable the video and audio are in sync and it all works very well. So that makes me appreciate that feature even more.

I had the S10e and loved it, had absolutely no complaints. In fact when I sold it I was almost sad lol but I'm a sucker for tech and so I bought the OnePlus 7 pro.

The 7 pro was a terrific device, that 90hz just blew me away. Unfortunately the phone was quite heavy and the cameras weren't that great. Also for some reason I always have data issues with OnePlus devices.

The note 10 was a fantastic smartphone, just as good as the S10 but it lacked the headphone jack and for some reason, the battery life really wasn't that good. I find the S10 to be better in that department. I know that is weird but it's true.

The iPhone 11 is also a fantastic device, in fact it's my second favorite phone of 2019. If it had a headphone jack I probably would have kept it. The display was a non issue for me at all, it actually is quite good despite being lcd and sub 1080p. Everything on it was fantastic except the lack of headphone jack and some issues with the Uber iOS app.

The OnePlus 7T was another solid phone but again, with OnePlus phones I have data issues and so I was missing on some Uber rides because of it, had to get rid of it.

The G8 was cool but it's just a wannabe Galaxy S phone with gimmicky features and there was a bit of lag here and there.

The Galaxy S10? I have literally ZERO complaints. Not one, not even the fingerprint scanner. And believe me I'm picky but everywhere I look I'm covered. I just love how light and thin it is, how the display is so freaking amazing, how it has a HEADPHONE JACK, The speakers are great, the performance is top notch, the battery life is good, the TRIPLE cameras are good, it's IP68 water resistant, it has fast wireless charging and reverse wireless charging, it has Samsung pay, it supports SD cards, One UI is feature packed....there is no other phone that has all of this, even the notes don't have the headphone jack. Again when we look back years from now we will see this as possibly the best phone ever released. To me this is the smartphone of 2019 and it's not even close. I enjoy using it every second. Shout out to Samsung.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
While I haven't tried anywhere close to the variety of phones you have, my S10+ blows me away with the battery life. I too enjoy the features it offers.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
In-screen FPS sucks. I have four fingerprints registered; only one works, and that's when it decides to work. And no deleting/reregistering them makes any difference.

I compare it to my S9+, where the back FPS was not only perfectly placed, but it worked perfectly and very quickly, every time.

This S10+ is OK. But it's nothing to write home about.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
In-screen FPS sucks. I have four fingerprints registered; only one works, and that's when it decides to work. And no deleting/reregistering them makes any difference.

I compare it to my S9+, where the back FPS was not only perfectly placed, but it worked perfectly and very quickly, every time.

I'm sorry you're having problems with the fingerprint sensor. I have an S10+, and I have four fingerprints registered. Since the update fixing the fingerprint sensor, all of my fingerprints are working, and I'm not getting any errors.

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

It didn't work too well on the note for me but it's working pretty well for the S10. It works 95% of the time with the screen off for me.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I tend to agree with you although the camera on the new iPhones makes that a pretty compelling choice too as you say. I have the 11 pro max and have just ordered another S10+ refurbished so will have one again soon!

My frustration is that there is still not a droid that ticks all of my boxes, Google has IMO had an open goal for the last 2 years but cannot get it right. The Samsung phones (and I have owned all 4 S/Note variants) come close but I sold mine as I found the Samsung gestures a little frustrating, the battery sub-par (for the size of it) still a little too much bloat and cameras that are just not quite as good as the best.

You then look at the others though and they all have things that bug me, Pixel 4/XL (Feels cheap, no ultra wide, limited storage, battery) Huawei P30 (1080p display, the OS, no secure biometrics at all and I prefer the Mate 20 pro!) OnePlus (No wireless charging, no always on display, camera not quite as good as the best either)

Maybe next year will be the year lol! Having said that Apple does not have to do much to iOS to have me ditch android totally, but I know they won't do them!

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
What's up y'all, I just feel the need to praise this phone right now because of how good it is. I'm mainly an Android person but I do use iOS as well and whatever else tech is available, I just enjoy it all. In 2019 I pretty much had all the main flagship phones. From the S10 (even S10e), iPhone 11, note 10, OnePlus 7 pro and OnePlus 7T, tried the G8 but didn't try the pixels although I have had hands on. To me the Galaxy S10 is the best of them all without a shadow of a doubt. Let me explain why and again this is from my perspective. When I say S10 it can be the S10 plus or the S10e although to a lesser degree for the S10 e but I personally use the regular S10 at the moment.

This phone pretty much checks every box of a flagship device. From the build quality to the amazing design, the fantastic display, the good battery life, the solid performance, the features, the cameras, the HEADPHONE JACK...it just does it all. It's the most versatile phone out there. I feel like this is a smartphone we do enjoy now but years down the line we will look back at it as one of the best smartphones ever made especially because of its versatility.

I drive for Uber from time to time and I have a Prius. I have YouTube premium and I download lots of YouTube videos that I watch/listen to when I drive around. Unfortunately my Prius has an issue where when I connect phones to the Bluetooth, the video isn't in sync with the sound. I don't know if it's a Toyota issue or what but it sucks cause I watch YouTube videos all the time and it just doesn't work as it should. The solution to that problem is an aux cable and that's where the headphone jack is a major win for me. Because the S10 has it, I don't have to worry about crappy adapters that work half the time. With the aux cable the video and audio are in sync and it all works very well. So that makes me appreciate that feature even more.

I had the S10e and loved it, had absolutely no complaints. In fact when I sold it I was almost sad lol but I'm a sucker for tech and so I bought the OnePlus 7 pro.

The 7 pro was a terrific device, that 90hz just blew me away. Unfortunately the phone was quite heavy and the cameras weren't that great. Also for some reason I always have data issues with OnePlus devices.

The note 10 was a fantastic smartphone, just as good as the S10 but it lacked the headphone jack and for some reason, the battery life really wasn't that good. I find the S10 to be better in that department. I know that is weird but it's true.

The iPhone 11 is also a fantastic device, in fact it's my second favorite phone of 2019. If it had a headphone jack I probably would have kept it. The display was a non issue for me at all, it actually is quite good despite being lcd and sub 1080p. Everything on it was fantastic except the lack of headphone jack and some issues with the Uber iOS app.

The OnePlus 7T was another solid phone but again, with OnePlus phones I have data issues and so I was missing on some Uber rides because of it, had to get rid of it.

The G8 was cool but it's just a wannabe Galaxy S phone with gimmicky features and there was a bit of lag here and there.

The Galaxy S10? I have literally ZERO complaints. Not one, not even the fingerprint scanner. And believe me I'm picky but everywhere I look I'm covered. I just love how light and thin it is, how the display is so freaking amazing, how it has a HEADPHONE JACK, The speakers are great, the performance is top notch, the battery life is good, the TRIPLE cameras are good, it's IP68 water resistant, it has fast wireless charging and reverse wireless charging, it has Samsung pay, it supports SD cards, One UI is feature packed....there is no other phone that has all of this, even the notes don't have the headphone jack. Again when we look back years from now we will see this as possibly the best phone ever released. To me this is the smartphone of 2019 and it's not even close. I enjoy using it every second. Shout out to Samsung.
While I completely agree with you that the S10 devices are really great (I personally have the Samsung S10+), I sincerely hope that you are not actually Watching YouTube videos While you are driving

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
While I completely agree with you that the S10 devices are really great (I personally have the Samsung S10+), I sincerely hope that you are not actually Watching YouTube videos While you are driving
I knew someone would say that lol. Thanks for your concern. I don't watch them watch them, I mainly listen to what's being said but still, it's annoying when the audio and video isn't in sync.

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I tend to agree with you although the camera on the new iPhones makes that a pretty compelling choice too as you say. I have the 11 pro max and have just ordered another S10+ refurbished so will have one again soon!

My frustration is that there is still not a droid that ticks all of my boxes, Google has IMO had an open goal for the last 2 years but cannot get it right. The Samsung phones (and I have owned all 4 S/Note variants) come close but I sold mine as I found the Samsung gestures a little frustrating, the battery sub-par (for the size of it) still a little too much bloat and cameras that are just not quite as good as the best.

You then look at the others though and they all have things that bug me, Pixel 4/XL (Feels cheap, no ultra wide, limited storage, battery) Huawei P30 (1080p display, the OS, no secure biometrics at all and I prefer the Mate 20 pro!) OnePlus (No wireless charging, no always on display, camera not quite as good as the best either)

Maybe next year will be the year lol! Having said that Apple does not have to do much to iOS to have me ditch android totally, but I know they won't do them!
Are you saying the iPhone ticks all your boxes?

daswooski

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Agree with you. I love my S10 unlocked, it is my main device...

I have an iPhone 8- just okay, nothing great my work gave it to me

Now, i also have a Pixel 3 and I tried to use it as my main device but the battery life is just terrible and now I see the Pixel 4 is also using a battery that seems o be way too small. That is a shame.

The other reason i love my S10 is that I have 2 SAMSUNG Watches- Frontier S3 LTE and Classic S3 LTE and they are fully functional with the S10.

Great to share thoughts !

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site

Completely agree. The S10 series of devices are the best phones released this year in my opinion. Everything about them is satisfactory/very good. Every single box has been ticked, and frankly you’d have to be very picky to complain about it.

To add to the original post (if I may):

It may not have quite as good (but still great) a night mode as the P30 Pro, but the software is less bloated and there is expandable storage with a headphone jack.

The Pixel 4 might have cleaner software with quicker updates but is plagued by poor battery life, incompatibility/issues with facial recognition/90hz display, an inferior design and performance.

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Completely agree. The S10 series of devices are the best phones released this year in my opinion. Everything about them is satisfactory/very good. Every single box has been ticked, and frankly you’d have to be very picky to complain about it.

To add to the original post (if I may):

It may not have quite as good (but still great) a night mode as the P30 Pro, but the software is less bloated and there is expandable storage with a headphone jack.

The Pixel 4 might have cleaner software with quicker updates but is plagued by poor battery life, incompatibility/issues with facial recognition/90hz display, an inferior design and performance.

Oh yeah for sure :)

And no device is perfect, even the S10. It could have a faster charging method but it is still acceptable. It could have a 90hz display but I think it's something you can get away with in 2019, not so much in 2020. Doesn't have the best cameras but it's still good cameras and it has all 3 of them. Doesn't have the best battery life but it's pretty decent. It's just the best all around device and I bought my S10 for $500 on swappa. The iPhone 11 is $699 and although it's a great phone at an acceptable price, it's not better than the S10 imo. The pixel 4 at $800 is an insult to consumers imo, I don't even need to explain why. The 7T is excellent for $599, just wished I didn't have data issues with it. But yeah the S10 is the king of 2019 for me

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
Oh yeah for sure :)

And no device is perfect, even the S10. It could have a faster charging method but it is still acceptable. It could have a 90hz display but I think it's something you can get away with in 2019, not so much in 2020. Doesn't have the best cameras but it's still good cameras and it has all 3 of them. Doesn't have the best battery life but it's pretty decent. It's just the best all around device and I bought my S10 for $500 on swappa. The iPhone 11 is $699 and although it's a great phone at an acceptable price, it's not better than the S10 imo. The pixel 4 at $800 is an insult to consumers imo, I don't even need to explain why. The 7T is excellent for $599, just wished I didn't have data issues with it. But yeah the S10 is the king of 2019 for me

Yep...the iPhone 11 has an LCD display but both it and the Pro suffer from iOS’ rigidity.

BTW the Mi Note 10 beat the iPhone 11 Pro in DxOmark rankings...from their test and pictures provided it certainly deserves it...the specs alone are really impressive (there should be a thread on it)

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Yep...the iPhone 11 has an LCD display but both it and the Pro suffer from iOS’ rigidity.

BTW the Mi Note 10 beat the iPhone 11 Pro in DxOmark rankings...from their test and pictures provided it certainly deserves it...the specs alone are really impressive (there should be a thread on it)
Honestly I want bothered by the iPhone's lcd display, I think it actually looks good. But yeah the Chinese oems are not getting their props. They make solid phones at great prices.

thetaylor310

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
i too am pretty pleased with the S10 series this year. i kinda have regrets at times for not getting the S10+, but my S10 hasnt let me down :)