In my personal opinion, the Galaxy S10 is the best smartphone of 2019

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I prefer the Note 10 plus over the S10 plus. The only advantage to the S10 plus over the Note for me is the smaller size but I still prefer a bigger display of the Note. It is easier to do certain things one handed on the S10 plus, like activating the FPS for Samsung Pay. The lack of a jack wouldn't make me choose the S over the Note. Both are great devices band you can't go wrong with either.

Last edited:

sukant08

May 9, 2012
Visit site
The Xiaomi phone is actually using Samsung 108 mpixel sensor, a more advanced version of which will most likely be in the S11 range next year.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I had a few flagships in 2019.

Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+ & Note 10+*
OnePlus 7 Pro
Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max*

*currently own

OnePlus takes the title. If I gave two ***** about the camera, my pick would be the iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Love the design and that Almond colour. Amazing, as well as the 90hz Display. Sure, Samsung has greatly improved their OS with the One UI but Oxygen is the best, I was running android 10. This is why I’m not a fan of the Google Pixel. I get the software updates early too and MORE!! Sorry, I can’t help it I hate it. LOL

Anyways, I love the Warp Charging, makes up for the lack of Wireless Charging. This is why I put OnePlus on top, ALWAYS. Dual SIM & Value!!!

galaxyfive

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
In-screen FPS sucks. I have four fingerprints registered; only one works, and that's when it decides to work. And no deleting/reregistering them makes any difference.

I compare it to my S9+, where the back FPS was not only perfectly placed, but it worked perfectly and very quickly, every time.

This S10+ is OK. But it's nothing to write home about.

Try registering the same finger 2 or 3x. that'll speed it up.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I bought an S10 from my carrier three weeks ago and I must say that I agree with you! I love how easy it is to hold despite it being 6.1" (I have small hands and have always used small phones, my last phone being the 5" Google Pixel 2 and largest phone being the 5.5" LG G3).

I do enjoy the headphone jack but I don't really love the Samsung headphones that came with it (I love that Samsung gives you headphones, don't get me wrong,I just don't like how the buds fit in my ears - they always feel loose). I just keep using my Pixel buds and that is an awesome combo. The phone has good speakers.

I agree with you about the display and battery life too! It's definitely a great phone. The camera quality is very good. I wouldn't say it's better than my Pixel 2 - I think comparing the two phone cameras is a bit like apples and oranges. The Samaung camera has great detail and has awesome modes and customizations. I'm definitely satisfied with it.

I've been seeing some leaks of the S11 and while they're probably only speculations, the S10 line was definitely the line that met all of my criterion in 2019. Will not look elsewhere for a while.

Great thread - thank you for sharing!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
My vote would probably go more to the Note 10 but that's simply because I love big *** phones haha.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Try registering the same finger 2 or 3x. that'll speed it up.

But there are only four slots. If I have to register a single fingerprint three times, then I can use only one fingerprint.

I get that there's a workaround, but it's a poor excuse for bad engineering being driven by perceived consumer demand. "Let's give a feature we can talk about in marketing! It doesn't have to work, but we have to have it on the checklist!"

I have to believe the engineers worked with what they had, and knew they delivered a crappy product. I'm seriously considering backpedaling to an S9+. Nothing about the S10+ is screaming "better" to me, and some things--like the FPS--are screaming "worse".

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
The biggest issue is that when it does work, it's incredibly slow. The S9+ FPS is 100 times faster--it seems instantaneous. The S10 thing is a deliberate count of 1...2...before it wakes things up.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I only have each finger registered once and it works fine even over a Whitestone Dome protector. I think some have a defective device or defective fingers.

Could you please send me a picture/link of the screen protector you have? I was kind of forced to buy a tempered glass one that has a hole cutout for my fingerprint scanner (that was all that was available after going to four different stores!) and plan to switch to a full screen protector soon.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

dendron01

Banned
Aug 8, 2019
Visit site
I’d agree but IMO it falls just the wrong side of the screen size/footprint line. I have owned both, the S10+ just has a good size screen while just about staying manageable.
Also falls on the wrong side of the headphone jack line, but I guess we might as well get used to it.

dendron01

Banned
Aug 8, 2019
Visit site
Samsung got its mojo back with the S10 line. I'm expecting them to build on this momentum in 2020 but honestly...I'm so happy with my S10+ so far I'm losing the motivation to upgrade any time soon. Hardware, software, features, value....this thing has it all, and in copious amounts.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I’d agree but IMO it falls just the wrong side of the screen size/footprint line. I have owned both, the S10+ just has a good size screen while just about staying manageable.
I use both daily. It all comes it all comes down to personal preference.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I love the S10 Plus and will probably keep this at least until the 12 comes out. Phones are too expensive now anyways but I see no reason to upgrade. Have had no problems with our S10's. And yes I use the headphone jack sometimes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel