Hi guys/gals, I've switched over from chrome because of the improved experience browsing. So far so good. Is there anything to bring the passwords over from chrome? I REALLY appreciate that feature.
    11-14-2019 07:03 AM
    Hi guys/gals, I've switched over from chrome because of the improved experience browsing. So far so good. Is there anything to bring the passwords over from chrome? I REALLY appreciate that feature.
    I'd get your passwords out of chrome and into a real password manager. That way it won't matter what browser you use.
    Laura Knotek and Rukbat like this.
    11-14-2019 09:33 PM
    I second what Almeuit said.

I use Enpass, since it was on sale when I got it, but others are also good. I'd suggest using a password manager that is also available for Windows as well as for Android, since you'll be able to use it for desktop too.
    mustang7757 and Gayle Lynn like this.
    11-14-2019 10:36 PM
    Samsungs browser can save passwords and even use your finger print for logging into websites/accounts but to be honest I'm clueless if you can just import passwords from Chrome.

There might be an extension for doing it.
    11-15-2019 01:36 AM
    I am not going to post the link but a quick search shows you can move your chrome passwords to samsung internet. just use keywords "import chrome passwords to samsung"
    TNRonin likes this.
    11-15-2019 07:09 AM
    I've got last pass but do far it isn't working and I can't find any settings to activate. Nothing in last pass is showing it working for Samsung browsers.
    11-15-2019 01:28 PM
    I am not going to post the link but a quick search shows you can move your chrome passwords to samsung internet. just use keywords "import chrome passwords to samsung"
    I bet you worked for radio shack at some point.
    11-15-2019 01:28 PM
    I bet you worked for radio shack at some point.
    not sure what you mean by that but the only reason I did not post the links is I did not have time to check them out to make sure they were safe.
    11-15-2019 01:48 PM
    not sure what you mean by that but the only reason I did not post the links is I did not have time to check them out to make sure they were safe.
    The info I have is for computers not phones.
    11-15-2019 02:05 PM
    I've got last pass but do far it isn't working and I can't find any settings to activate. Nothing in last pass is showing it working for Samsung browsers.
    It works across the whole Android operating system .. browsers, apps, etc. That is normal now.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-15-2019 04:42 PM
    I use KeePass2Android, with the data file on Google Drive, so I can run KeePass on Windows and Linux using the same passwords. I don't know it it will do autofill in Internet (which is probably what you're asking about), but I generally just do split-screen on the phone, app I need the login and password on top, KeePass on the bottom, copy, go to the app and paste. It tales an extra 5 seconds, but even at the age of 77, I can afford 5 seconds for the few times I need a password that the browser didn't save the last time I logged into that site. (Chrome is light, and I think Internet is even lighter, but I still use Firefox - on the phone, in Windows, in Linux. I've been with it since it went from Netscape to Firefox [and I used Netscape before that], and you don't give up 15 years of familiarity that easily. Even if I do have to keep switching add-ons with new versions.)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-15-2019 04:44 PM
    I know at one time, lastpass worked with samsung but not a this time. doubt there are any password managers that will work with samsung internet.
    11-15-2019 05:14 PM
    Enpass. Even with Android 10. All platforms.

Stopped using KeePass due to reports of security problem.

I don't like but am subscribe to F-Key Password.

Stopped using Samsung in favor of Edge. One browser for all platforms.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-17-2019 12:06 PM
    I use Enpass too with password vault on Dropbox. Works cross platform.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-17-2019 12:49 PM
    My problem is .. :
    How do I get all my pass word that Samsung browser keeps , so I can set up my email on my new phone S10e..?

Any help would appreciated ..
    11-17-2019 02:17 PM
    Unless there's a app or way to extract / export - at some point manual labor - and a chance to clean up, organize, maybe change passwords.

I found Enpass offered a lot in what I can do. Fields, notes, financial, ID cards and business cards, scan and use OCR.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-17-2019 02:27 PM
    My problem is .. :
    How do I get all my pass word that Samsung browser keeps , so I can set up my email on my new phone S10e..?

Any help would appreciated ..
    I dont think you can , it will automatically put it when you use Samsung pass . Once you set up a password and user name Samsung pass remember that for next time you have to sign in and not aware to retrieve that info .
    11-17-2019 02:31 PM