My S10+ Screen cracked. The display does not work at all. How can I find out if it's just the display or something more serious?
    11B1P likes this.
    11-26-2019 07:50 PM
    The damage can't really get anymore serious if the display is shot. You should contact Samsung and inquire as to the repair cost. It won't be as much as a new phone but it will be expensive.

Update: I stand corrected. The screen assembly is only $255 from a reputable party. I'd say the labor at a repair center is what will get you.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-26-2019 08:16 PM
    Unless you threw it off of something I would guess it's just the display. Samsung is known for fragile displays. I mean if you can ask such a question so casually then $1000 must not be that much to you. I would certainly choose a repair over throwing a device away, even at a couple hundred bucks.

Anyway this would probably get more and better traffic in the S10+ forums. Register an account so that you can see other forums and I will request that this thread be moved. This link will help you register... https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...-new-post.html

Moderator will you please move this to the S10+ forum?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-26-2019 08:18 PM
    Once you send it in for repair for the screen which by the way comes together with the digitalizar they will inspect upon opening it if any further damaged was done , I would recommend a Samsung experience shop or u breakit I fix shop which is certified by Samsung to retain the water resistant , and expect to pay 280.00
    Laura Knotek and VidJunky like this.
    11-26-2019 08:41 PM
    Unless you threw it off of something I would guess it's just the display. Samsung is known for fragile displays. I mean if you can ask such a question so casually then $1000 must not be that much to you. I would certainly choose a repair over throwing a device away, even at a couple hundred bucks.

Anyway this would probably get more and better traffic in the S10+ forums. Register an account so that you can see other forums and I will request that this thread be moved. This link will help you register... https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...-new-post.html

Moderator will you please move this to the S10+ forum?
    I've moved the thread to the S10/S10+ forum.
    mustang7757 and VidJunky like this.
    11-26-2019 10:07 PM
    Samsung has local repair. (In the US, it's uBreakiFix) Ask them to evaluate the damage - especially if there's anything more than the screen. (It would still pay if it's the screen and motherboard, but at least you won't be shocked when you see the bill.) It's very possible that the motherboard, or something else, also broke.
    11-28-2019 01:37 PM