04-17-2020 04:35 PM
68 123
tools
    Oh you got a Zagg yesterday? I heard the FP doesn't work with Zagg let me know please? Thanks!
    It's working fine with all four fingerprints I added. I did set the sensitivity higher for use with screen protectors.
    VidJunky likes this.
    02-07-2020 07:14 PM
    Oh you got a Zagg yesterday? I heard the FP doesn't work with Zagg let me know please? Thanks!
    Looking at the Zagg offering at BB online, it seems that they offer a variety of styles. The last one I got had a bumpy face to it, looked kind of like an orange peel. I see they have some that say crystal clear or something like that, and I'm thinking the difference is healing power. With the bumpy one I had it healed itself after awhile of light scratches but was... sticky, kind of, as you moved your finger over the screen. I'm thinking the other style is thinner and won't have this feature or feel. I imagine, and Laura Knotek please correct me if I am wrong, this is the one Laura has.
    02-07-2020 07:55 PM
    I bought my film screen protector from Samsung's website - since I trusted that since the product came from them, it would work! I highly recommend it, even though that meant that I broke my rule of only getting tampered glass screen protectors!

But the main thing is that my in-display fingerprint scanner works and that my entire screen is covered and protected.
    02-07-2020 08:12 PM
    I bought my film screen protector from Samsung's website - since I trusted that since the product came from them, it would work! I highly recommend it, even though that meant that I broke my rule of only getting tampered glass screen protectors!

But the main thing is that my in-display fingerprint scanner works and that my entire screen is covered and protected.
    So you're using it now? I ask because I thought the same thing but the one I found them offering had horrible reviews but you say you like it and it's working well? How long have you had it/been using it?
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-07-2020 09:41 PM
    So you're using it now? I ask because I thought the same thing but the one I found them offering had horrible reviews but you say you like it and it's working well? How long have you had it/been using it?
    Yes I am! My screen protector history with my S10 has been a sorted one.

Started off with a tempered glass screen protector with a hole for the fingerprint scanner. It worked well but scared me too much to have the fingerprint scanner area exposed.

So I bought a "tempered glass screen protector" from Amazon that was totally trash and was not even tempered glass... So then I needed a new screen protector ASAP.

I landed on Samsung's screen protector and watched installation videos. It looked kind of complicated (you lift off one film and then another?); but the finished product on the phone made it look sleek and *almost* like glass.

I guess what I mean is, it looked premium and not at all like cheap plastic; and I was not disappointed after I installed it. It feels good on my hands and the in-display fingerprint reader works flawlessly.

It is also a two-pack so it was worth the price ($30-something? I forget). I'm very satisfied with my purchase. My installation went really well, it's a *tiny bit* off but it was my error and it still works perfectly.

I would recommend it, especially since it absolutely works with the fingerprint sensor. I wanted a guarantee based off the fact that I had wasted $20 or so on that horrible Amazon screen protector and my $1000+-dollar phone was exposed.

I sat beside a coworker with an S10 and a tempered glass screen protector with a hole for the reader and I must say, I didn't miss my former tempered glass screen protector one bit!

Let us know what you decide!
    Laura Knotek and VidJunky like this.
    02-08-2020 12:40 PM
    Looking at the Zagg offering at BB online, it seems that they offer a variety of styles. The last one I got had a bumpy face to it, looked kind of like an orange peel. I see they have some that say crystal clear or something like that, and I'm thinking the difference is healing power. With the bumpy one I had it healed itself after awhile of light scratches but was... sticky, kind of, as you moved your finger over the screen. I'm thinking the other style is thinner and won't have this feature or feel. I imagine, and Laura Knotek please correct me if I am wrong, this is the one Laura has.
    I'd like to know which one Laura Knotek has also? I like the stand at the mall to put mine on and i'll pay 25 to 30 bucks if it's good and works and they always have the lifetime guarantee. On Zagg website it mentions 3 different ones Ultra Vision Guard and Ultra Clear then a glass Fusion Vison Guard one which I'm sure doesn't work with the FP.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-08-2020 12:43 PM
    It's called Ultra Clear.
    02-08-2020 03:49 PM
    It's called Ultra Clear. [IMG=756x1008]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200208/5fba9852042441db07cd838de906ed27.jpg[/url][IMG=756x1008]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200208/8a21f1755cd75f7d632f7d8467ffa4cd.jpg[/url]
    Do they have the same thing for the S10? I may get that as a backup to my Samsung protectors. I like being prepared!
    Laura Knotek and Rose4uKY like this.
    02-08-2020 04:14 PM
    Do they have the same thing for the S10? I may get that as a backup to my Samsung protectors. I like being prepared!
    Yes, they do.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-08-2020 04:19 PM
    Yes, they do.
    Yay!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-08-2020 08:34 PM
    Well, I just tried to install the IQ, it wouldn't adhere down the curved sides. Ripped it off. Would not recommend. Might try the Zag.
    02-08-2020 09:59 PM
    When it comes to curved screens I only use white stone dome .
    Laura Knotek and Morty2264 like this.
    02-08-2020 11:16 PM
    How does it do with polarized sunglasses? Does it have a halo or rainbow effect?
    02-09-2020 12:07 AM
    How does it do with polarized sunglasses? Does it have a halo or rainbow effect?
    No issue for me
    Laura Knotek and werkx like this.
    02-09-2020 12:20 AM
    I still don't know. It's been cloudy every day since last Thursday, when I got it.
    werkx likes this.
    02-09-2020 02:00 AM
    Thanks! As long as the FP works I will get this one too! Mine is just so scratched up. I am going to call and make sure they have it. Does it block the front facing camera and how is it with your case? I read some reviews that it blocks the camera some say yes and some say no and that it may lift on the corners depending on your case. So I see no hole for camera but a couple people say camera still good others say it's horrible on BB reviews. I guess I could still try it I'm leary again. You still liking it Laura?
    I have this I Blason Case I mostly use it's my favorite I don't want the corners to lift but a couple people mentioned it does with the Otterbox Defender.

It's called Ultra Clear. [IMG=756x1008]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200208/5fba9852042441db07cd838de906ed27.jpg[/url][IMG=756x1008]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200208/8a21f1755cd75f7d632f7d8467ffa4cd.jpg[/url]
    02-09-2020 10:49 AM
    Thanks! As long as the FP works I will get this one too! Mine is just so scratched up. I am going to call and make sure they have it. Does it block the front facing camera and how is it with your case? I read some reviews that it blocks the camera some say yes and some say no and that it may lift on the corners depending on your case. So I see no hole for camera but a couple people say camera still good others say it's horrible on BB reviews. I guess I could still try it I'm leary again. You still liking it Laura?
    I have this I Blason Case I mostly use it's my favorite I don't want the corners to lift but a couple people mentioned it does with the Otterbox Defender.
    The front facing camera works fine for me for use for face unlock. I'm not a selfie taker, so I'm not sure how that works.

The screen protector works fine with an Otterbox Commuter case.
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    02-09-2020 01:45 PM
    I've heard good things about that brand. It's a little pricey, yes? But it's protecting your investment - and making it usable.
    Laura Knotek and mustang7757 like this.
    02-09-2020 08:00 PM
    I've heard good things about that brand. It's a little pricey, yes? But it's protecting your investment - and making it usable.
    I went through lot of them spend between 18.00 to 35.00 and in my opinion none come close to it .
    Morty2264 and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-09-2020 08:27 PM
    I've read good and bad about Whitestone but would only even consider it if I knew it would be put on perfect cause of the price.
    Laura Knotek and kct1975 like this.
    02-11-2020 10:47 AM
    I've read good and bad about Whitestone but would only even consider it if I knew it would be put on perfect cause of the price.
    That's what made me hesitate, as well. I'm usually pretty good at putting on screen protectors but I was a little nervous to tackle the Whitestone Dome ones due to the price and the installation process.
    Laura Knotek and kct1975 like this.
    02-12-2020 08:45 AM
    This was my initial feeling when I first heard about it. I mean 60 or 70 bucks to protect my 1100 dollar phone didn't seem like a lot. I mean it did but at the same time... Know what I mean?

That's what made me hesitate, as well. I'm usually pretty good at putting on screen protectors but I was a little nervous to tackle the Whitestone Dome ones due to the price and the installation process.
    While I think I could do a good job of putting it on, for me it was how do you get it off? I mean you're gluing something to your screen. I just didn't like that. Then I hadn't even considered the need to replace it until someone mentioned it and then I started having issues with the stock screen protector's oiliophobic, that's not right but you know what I mean, coating. That's going to happen to the Whitestone eventually and then you have to remove the first protector to put on the new one, and how do you do that without damaging the screen...?
    Laura Knotek and Morty2264 like this.
    02-13-2020 08:11 PM
    This was my initial feeling when I first heard about it. I mean 60 or 70 bucks to protect my 1100 dollar phone didn't seem like a lot. I mean it did but at the same time... Know what I mean?

While I think I could do a good job of putting it on, for me it was how do you get it off? I mean you're gluing something to your screen. I just didn't like that. Then I hadn't even considered the need to replace it until someone mentioned it and then I started having issues with the stock screen protector's oiliophobic, that's not right but you know what I mean, coating. That's going to happen to the Whitestone eventually and then you have to remove the first protector to put on the new one, and how do you do that without damaging the screen...?
    Getting it off is a whole lot easier than putting it on. Heat it up with an hairdryer and pry it up. There is no screen damage.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-13-2020 08:19 PM

You bring up all good points. I'm even hesitant to wipe my phone down with the wet wipes provided with typical screen protectors - let alone gluing something on. It's a scary and somewhat more permanent installation process.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-14-2020 08:40 AM
    You bring up all good points. I'm even hesitant to wipe my phone down with the wet wipes provided with typical screen protectors - let alone gluing something on. It's a scary and somewhat more permanent installation process.
    Yes while it is a type of glue, it isn't super glue this not a permanent bond. It's more closer to rubber cement than anything else.

Seriously guys it's not that hard to pull off and there is no damage from it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-14-2020 08:51 AM
68 123