Any new or improved screen protectors for the S10 plus?

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Don't be fooled, gorilla glass will scratch. My note 10 plus has plenty of micro scratches, and I've never once dropped it.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Hello Again,
I ordered some protectors from mobilefun.co.uk, and no I don't live in the UK or use Euros, that were reasonably priced. I wanted to touch them before installation to see what they felt like but because of the way they are installed this was not possible. I just wanted to compare the feel vs OEM. Anyway I pulled off the OEM protector and applied the new one. Everything went smoothly, I did apply the protector a little high on the screen so when I install the second one I will be sure to correct this. It seems like it is going to be a pretty good protector. Let me run down some of the Pros and Cons real quick.

Pros:
The price for a two pack is on point at around $10 USD
The protector covers the camera, no punch out
Installation is easy
They actually provide enough installation materials for two identical installations, I've gotten twin packs in the past with enough to just do one
It seems like the protector may have some healing qualities
Zero bubbles after installation
FPS actually seems to be working better, This could simply be because the OEM protector was severely damaged at and around the time all of the FPS updates were coming out.

Cons:
The protector is 1 or 2 mm short of covering the screen top to bottom, This is why I mentioned that I installed it a little too high, would have rather had a gap at the top where I don't touch the screen as much.
The protector has some healing qualities which means it has a softer feel than the OEM and naked glass*
It is not as smooth as the OEM or naked would be*
I have one tiny edge place that doesn't want to stick**
It smudges***

* Since the material is different it is noticeably less smooth than the OEM. It still has a smoother feel than Zagg protectors if you're familiar with those. They are almost sticky to the touch and have an orange peel appearance just looking at them, where this protector does not. I'll probably get used to it the longer I use it because it is not that severe.

** Not sure why this one little spot isn't sticking. It's only about 3mm long by 1mm deep but I fear that it will grow, decreasing the life expectancy of the protector.

*** The smudges and fingerprints are easy to wipe away and I don't feel like I have to constantly keep wiping or cleaning the screen so I do believe that there is some coating. I just don't believe it is as thick or good as the OEM protector or the naked glass would be. This also raises concerns about durability, which I won't know until I've had it for some time. At least more than the day I've had it now.

Overall it is not OEM but it seems like a good protector initially. If I'm correct about the healing, that and the full coverage over the camera would be added benefits over the OEM. Zero lint and bubble installation. Finally the cost would be on point for one and this one comes with two and also includes enough of everything to actually do two. Day one and I have not regerts… regrets. :D

If you want to take a look at it here's the link and they have an installation video also... https://www.mobilefun.co.uk/olixar-samsung-galaxy-s10-plus-film-screen-protector-2-in-1-pack-70826

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Hello Again,
I ordered some protectors from mobilefun.co.uk, and no I don't live in the UK or use Euros, that were reasonably priced. I wanted to touch them before installation to see what they felt like but because of the way they are installed this was not possible. I just wanted to compare the feel vs OEM. Anyway I pulled off the OEM protector and applied the new one. Everything went smoothly, I did apply the protector a little high on the screen so when I install the second one I will be sure to correct this. It seems like it is going to be a pretty good protector. Let me run down some of the Pros and Cons real quick.

Pros:
The price for a two pack is on point at around $10 USD
The protector covers the camera, no punch out
Installation is easy
They actually provide enough installation materials for two identical installations, I've gotten twin packs in the past with enough to just do one
It seems like the protector may have some healing qualities
Zero bubbles after installation
FPS actually seems to be working better, This could simply be because the OEM protector was severely damaged at and around the time all of the FPS updates were coming out.

Cons:
The protector is 1 or 2 mm short of covering the screen top to bottom, This is why I mentioned that I installed it a little too high, would have rather had a gap at the top where I don't touch the screen as much.
The protector has some healing qualities which means it has a softer feel than the OEM and naked glass*
It is not as smooth as the OEM or naked would be*
I have one tiny edge place that doesn't want to stick**
It smudges***

* Since the material is different it is noticeably less smooth than the OEM. It still has a smoother feel than Zagg protectors if you're familiar with those. They are almost sticky to the touch and have an orange peel appearance just looking at them, where this protector does not. I'll probably get used to it the longer I use it because it is not that severe.

** Not sure why this one little spot isn't sticking. It's only about 3mm long by 1mm deep but I fear that it will grow, decreasing the life expectancy of the protector.

*** The smudges and fingerprints are easy to wipe away and I don't feel like I have to constantly keep wiping or cleaning the screen so I do believe that there is some coating. I just don't believe it is as thick or good as the OEM protector or the naked glass would be. This also raises concerns about durability, which I won't know until I've had it for some time. At least more than the day I've had it now.

Overall it is not OEM but it seems like a good protector initially. If I'm correct about the healing, that and the full coverage over the camera would be added benefits over the OEM. Zero lint and bubble installation. Finally the cost would be on point for one and this one comes with two and also includes enough of everything to actually do two. Day one and I have not regerts… regrets. :D

If you want to take a look at it here's the link and they have an installation video also... https://www.mobilefun.co.uk/olixar-samsung-galaxy-s10-plus-film-screen-protector-2-in-1-pack-70826
I'll have to check out this one. I'm currently using a Zagg screen protector on my S10+. I just installed it yesterday, after the factory installed screen protector became too scratched for my liking.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
So what is the best screen protector where the FP still works besides Whitestone. I don't need glass just an easy one to put on. Mine is so scratched up already. Samsung had sent me a 2 pack and I lost one and the other got messed up in my purse. I've always gone to the Zagg stand at the mall as I previously stated but heard it wasn't so great for the 10 plus. I'll have to search Amazon I guess.
I'll let you know how long the Zagg I installed yesterday lasts.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Oh you got a Zagg yesterday? I heard the FP doesn't work with Zagg let me know please? Thanks!

Looking at the Zagg offering at BB online, it seems that they offer a variety of styles. The last one I got had a bumpy face to it, looked kind of like an orange peel. I see they have some that say crystal clear or something like that, and I'm thinking the difference is healing power. With the bumpy one I had it healed itself after awhile of light scratches but was... sticky, kind of, as you moved your finger over the screen. I'm thinking the other style is thinner and won't have this feature or feel. I imagine, and Laura Knotek please correct me if I am wrong, this is the one Laura has.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I bought my film screen protector from Samsung's website - since I trusted that since the product came from them, it would work! I highly recommend it, even though that meant that I broke my rule of only getting tampered glass screen protectors!

But the main thing is that my in-display fingerprint scanner works and that my entire screen is covered and protected.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I bought my film screen protector from Samsung's website - since I trusted that since the product came from them, it would work! I highly recommend it, even though that meant that I broke my rule of only getting tampered glass screen protectors!

But the main thing is that my in-display fingerprint scanner works and that my entire screen is covered and protected.
So you're using it now? I ask because I thought the same thing but the one I found them offering had horrible reviews but you say you like it and it's working well? How long have you had it/been using it?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
So you're using it now? I ask because I thought the same thing but the one I found them offering had horrible reviews but you say you like it and it's working well? How long have you had it/been using it?

Yes I am! My screen protector history with my S10 has been a sorted one.

Started off with a tempered glass screen protector with a hole for the fingerprint scanner. It worked well but scared me too much to have the fingerprint scanner area exposed.

So I bought a "tempered glass screen protector" from Amazon that was totally trash and was not even tempered glass... So then I needed a new screen protector ASAP.

I landed on Samsung's screen protector and watched installation videos. It looked kind of complicated (you lift off one film and then another?); but the finished product on the phone made it look sleek and *almost* like glass.

I guess what I mean is, it looked premium and not at all like cheap plastic; and I was not disappointed after I installed it. It feels good on my hands and the in-display fingerprint reader works flawlessly.

It is also a two-pack so it was worth the price ($30-something? I forget). I'm very satisfied with my purchase. My installation went really well, it's a *tiny bit* off but it was my error and it still works perfectly.

I would recommend it, especially since it absolutely works with the fingerprint sensor. I wanted a guarantee based off the fact that I had wasted $20 or so on that horrible Amazon screen protector and my $1000+-dollar phone was exposed.

I sat beside a coworker with an S10 and a tempered glass screen protector with a hole for the reader and I must say, I didn't miss my former tempered glass screen protector one bit!

Let us know what you decide!

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Looking at the Zagg offering at BB online, it seems that they offer a variety of styles. The last one I got had a bumpy face to it, looked kind of like an orange peel. I see they have some that say crystal clear or something like that, and I'm thinking the difference is healing power. With the bumpy one I had it healed itself after awhile of light scratches but was... sticky, kind of, as you moved your finger over the screen. I'm thinking the other style is thinner and won't have this feature or feel. I imagine, and Laura Knotek please correct me if I am wrong, this is the one Laura has.

I'd like to know which one Laura Knotek has also? I like the stand at the mall to put mine on and i'll pay 25 to 30 bucks if it's good and works and they always have the lifetime guarantee. On Zagg website it mentions 3 different ones Ultra Vision Guard and Ultra Clear then a glass Fusion Vison Guard one which I'm sure doesn't work with the FP.

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
It's called Ultra Clear.
5fba9852042441db07cd838de906ed27.jpg
8a21f1755cd75f7d632f7d8467ffa4cd.jpg

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Well, I just tried to install the IQ, it wouldn't adhere down the curved sides. Ripped it off. Would not recommend. Might try the Zag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol