Any new or improved screen protectors for the S10 plus?

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! As long as the FP works I will get this one too! Mine is just so scratched up. I am going to call and make sure they have it. Does it block the front facing camera and how is it with your case? I read some reviews that it blocks the camera some say yes and some say no and that it may lift on the corners depending on your case. So I see no hole for camera but a couple people say camera still good others say it's horrible on BB reviews. I guess I could still try it I'm leary again. You still liking it Laura?
I have this I Blason Case I mostly use it's my favorite I don't want the corners to lift but a couple people mentioned it does with the Otterbox Defender.

It's called Ultra Clear.
5fba9852042441db07cd838de906ed27.jpg
8a21f1755cd75f7d632f7d8467ffa4cd.jpg

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! As long as the FP works I will get this one too! Mine is just so scratched up. I am going to call and make sure they have it. Does it block the front facing camera and how is it with your case? I read some reviews that it blocks the camera some say yes and some say no and that it may lift on the corners depending on your case. So I see no hole for camera but a couple people say camera still good others say it's horrible on BB reviews. I guess I could still try it I'm leary again. You still liking it Laura?
I have this I Blason Case I mostly use it's my favorite I don't want the corners to lift but a couple people mentioned it does with the Otterbox Defender.
The front facing camera works fine for me for use for face unlock. I'm not a selfie taker, so I'm not sure how that works.

The screen protector works fine with an Otterbox Commuter case.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I've read good and bad about Whitestone but would only even consider it if I knew it would be put on perfect cause of the price.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've read good and bad about Whitestone but would only even consider it if I knew it would be put on perfect cause of the price.

That's what made me hesitate, as well. I'm usually pretty good at putting on screen protectors but I was a little nervous to tackle the Whitestone Dome ones due to the price and the installation process.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I've heard good things about that brand. It's a little pricey, yes? But it's protecting your investment - and making it usable.

This was my initial feeling when I first heard about it. I mean 60 or 70 bucks to protect my 1100 dollar phone didn't seem like a lot. I mean it did but at the same time... Know what I mean?

That's what made me hesitate, as well. I'm usually pretty good at putting on screen protectors but I was a little nervous to tackle the Whitestone Dome ones due to the price and the installation process.

While I think I could do a good job of putting it on, for me it was how do you get it off? I mean you're gluing something to your screen. I just didn't like that. Then I hadn't even considered the need to replace it until someone mentioned it and then I started having issues with the stock screen protector's oiliophobic, that's not right but you know what I mean, coating. That's going to happen to the Whitestone eventually and then you have to remove the first protector to put on the new one, and how do you do that without damaging the screen...?

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
This was my initial feeling when I first heard about it. I mean 60 or 70 bucks to protect my 1100 dollar phone didn't seem like a lot. I mean it did but at the same time... Know what I mean?

While I think I could do a good job of putting it on, for me it was how do you get it off? I mean you're gluing something to your screen. I just didn't like that. Then I hadn't even considered the need to replace it until someone mentioned it and then I started having issues with the stock screen protector's oiliophobic, that's not right but you know what I mean, coating. That's going to happen to the Whitestone eventually and then you have to remove the first protector to put on the new one, and how do you do that without damaging the screen...?

Getting it off is a whole lot easier than putting it on. Heat it up with an hairdryer and pry it up. There is no screen damage.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

You bring up all good points. I'm even hesitant to wipe my phone down with the wet wipes provided with typical screen protectors - let alone gluing something on. It's a scary and somewhat more permanent installation process.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
You bring up all good points. I'm even hesitant to wipe my phone down with the wet wipes provided with typical screen protectors - let alone gluing something on. It's a scary and somewhat more permanent installation process.
Yes while it is a type of glue, it isn't super glue this not a permanent bond. It's more closer to rubber cement than anything else.

Seriously guys it's not that hard to pull off and there is no damage from it.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes while it is a type of glue, it isn't super glue this not a permanent bond. It's more closer to rubber cement than anything else.

Seriously guys it's not that hard to pull off and there is no damage from it.

Thank you for explaining! Since I've never used the product and therefore have nothing to compare it with, it's good to have someone with knowledge of the brand chime in with regards to what the glue is like.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
It's time for me to remove the stock Samsung screen protector that my S10 plus came with and get a new one. The problem is that all of the information I'm seeing is about eight months old. The phone has received several FPS software updates, and perhaps there have been some product updates along the way. Have there been any improvements around the finger print sensor? I am leaning towards the Whitestone Dome screen protector, but I feel as though I can't trust anything I see or read today.

Thank you.
OK. So similar issue for me. New S10+ and built in screen protector took some damage when I dropped my phone down the side of my sofa bed last night.

Everyone says the Whitestone Dome are the best. I usually hate screen protectors and they get bubbles or dust. But this phone is so expensive.

£45 for a single pack. £60 for a double pack!! Gulp!! Amazon had a £5 voucher off the price. So I used that.

Had to swallow my reluctance and opt for the double pack. At least I have 2 shots at getting it right.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
OK. So similar issue for me. New S10+ and built in screen protector took some damage when I dropped my phone down the side of my sofa bed last night.

Everyone says the Whitestone Dome are the best. I usually hate screen protectors and they get bubbles or dust. But this phone is so expensive.

£45 for a single pack. £60 for a double pack!! Gulp!! Amazon had a £5 voucher off the price. So I used that.

Had to swallow my reluctance and opt for the double pack. At least I have 2 shots at getting it right.

You are definitely buying one of the highest recommended brand out there! Let us know how your installation goes!

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I started with the Ailibote from Amazon and the fingerprint reader would not work at all. Smudges were horrendous. Stay away from it.

Currently have the Invisible Shield as recommended in this forum. It was difficult to get my thumbprint registered, had to press really hard, but I eventually got it registered twice. There are a couple bubbles along the edge, but the thumbprint at least does work. It has been case-friendly with my BlackWeb case from Wal-Mart. It doesn't seem to smudge as bad as the first one.

So far, the original screen protector that came on it has performed the best, even though it was just a film.

Attachments

• 9009.jpg
    9009.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 29

4rings

Apr 9, 2019
Visit site

@Kirstein Gourlay - Interested in your opinion of installation and initial impressions of the screen protector after the first few days of use.
Is the finger print sensor working to your satisfaction?
Are the (curved) edges peeling up?
Is the camera lens covered or is there a cutout?
Does your case fit OK?

Thank you.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Are any of the film protectors just like the original protector that came on the S10+?
Over the last 10 years I've favored film protectors and generally had great results with them. One minor exception is that they often feel a bit tacky - nothing like glass or even the original protector, which for me, feels almost indistinguishable from glass.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Are any of the film protectors just like the original protector that came on the S10+?
Over the last 10 years I've favored film protectors and generally had great results with them. One minor exception is that they often feel a bit tacky - nothing like glass or even the original protector, which for me, feels almost indistinguishable from glass.

The Samsung film screen protector feels pretty premium - on par with the film that came with the phone, IMO.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Morty,
That OEM protector looks interesting, as some of the people that have reviewed it say that it feels just like the original. But, many other buyers really dislike it, and on the Samsung site, it's very poorly rated.

Still, there are people like you that really love it, and I find that promising, so I may give it a try.
I've looked in various online retailers, including eBay, but it looks like Samsung is the only seller for the 10+.

Any other ideas of where to buy this at a better price point than Samsung's site?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois