Samsung Pass Password & FP

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
I get one shot to verify my fingerprint for Samsung Pass.

It always fails.

I've used long complex impossibly difficult passwords of over 20 characters since the S8. Always worked. Until lately.

Now Samsung won't work. Fails. Come to find out they limit the length to 8-15 characters. Was trying to sign in to Samsung Internet on my Essential One phone.

Going round in circles. For hours.

Can't access Galaxy Store for one thing. Says there are 7 updates. Can't sync my Internet bookmarks which is why I was doing it.

If I use my non Gmail address I could sign into Internet browser but I want my bookmarks I spent years cultivating.

The 15 character limit is exasperating and dumb.

I love how easy Face ID on iPhone works and was reason I sent from Samsung to iPhone.

Any other time I may have to try twice to get fingerprint to register. It is not exact or perfect and even worse than when it was on the back, or on the bottom front.

Never used Samsung Pass previously. Now I understand those frustrated with it.

The last security updates Dec 1 was to improve FP recognition.

Is Samsung not ready for Android 10 or recent changes? Bugs in 10 or the December update?

Pet Peeve #1

anon(10614692)

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
I had none of those issues with my S10 on Pie. I also participated in the Android 10 Beta program and we are now running the stable version due for release next month (year)! I use fairly long passwords using special characters etc and have had no issues. Try setting up Samsung Pass again by deleting its data.