I've only had my S10+ since June, but for future reference, what's the battery replacement process like? I'm lucky enough to have a local repair place nearby. When I had my Nexus 6P battery replaced, I supplied the battery, which I bought off of eBay. It took one hour, and cost me $55 ($15 for the battery). What's a reputable place to buy a replacement 4100 mAh battery? Do I just let the guy order it himself, instead? In that case, wouldn't I be charged in the hundreds, because Samsung is a main brand? Thoughts?
    12-06-2019 07:11 PM
    with the newer phones that may still be under warranty, you need to check to see if using a third party service or parts will void the warranty.
    12-06-2019 07:43 PM
    I've only had my S10+ since June, but for future reference, what's the battery replacement process like? I'm lucky enough to have a local repair place nearby. When I had my Nexus 6P battery replaced, I supplied the battery, which I bought off of eBay. It took one hour, and cost me $55 ($15 for the battery). What's a reputable place to buy a replacement 4100 mAh battery? Do I just let the guy order it himself, instead? In that case, wouldn't I be charged in the hundreds, because Samsung is a main brand? Thoughts?
    My thoughts ,if you let a local repair center replace the battery it might not keep it's water resistant, if u don't care then if you bring your own battery they won't warranty the job , if they do the battery and labor then they responsible for premature battery wear or anything went wrong up to a certain time . Me personally I would have Samsung experience or u break it I fix repair center do this as it will retain water resistant but cost around 150 to 280
    12-06-2019 11:53 PM
    My thoughts ,if you let a local repair center replace the battery it might not keep it's water resistant, if u don't care then if you bring your own battery they won't warranty the job , if they do the battery and labor then they responsible for premature battery wear or anything went wrong up to a certain time . Me personally I would have Samsung experience or u break it I fix repair center do this as it will retain water resistant but cost around 150 to 280
    Thanks, that's a good point. If you hadn't mentioned it, I most likely wouldn't have considered it and just assumed it would be all good in that respect.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    12-07-2019 05:50 AM
    My local repair shop will swap in a new battery for $89 in a S10 or S10+. It's the front glass replacement that's expensive at $239 for an S10.
    12-07-2019 07:13 AM
    Use the 80-40% charge method, and your battery will last you well over 2 years. Until you buy the next best thing.
    12-08-2019 07:47 PM
    Use the 80-40% charge method, and your battery will last you well over 2 years. Until you buy the next best thing.
    That's a very hard regime to follow , use the phone for few hours then charge , then back to few hours then charge .
    12-08-2019 07:53 PM
    That's a very hard regime to follow , use the phone for few hours then charge , then back to few hours then charge .
    Or don't let it run down to zero and charge it to 100, next best solution. However, if you list most others changes phones every 6 to 12 months then all of this would be moot.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    12-08-2019 08:04 PM
    Or don't let it run down to zero and charge it to 100, next best solution. However, if you list most others changes phones every 6 to 12 months then all of this would be moot.
    Playing high intensive games a lot also cause battery to degrade , I normally charge at 20 percent to 95 no issues . 90 percent resets usage stats .
    frederickdawg likes this.
    12-08-2019 08:07 PM
    Playing high intensive games a lot also cause battery to degrade , I normally charge at 20 percent to 95 no issues . 90 percent resets usage stats .
    My usage stats never reset lol. That's a down side , but alas I use gsam and Accubattery Pro.
    Like I said it really is not needed if one changes their phones yearly or so. The issue will be the next owners problem
    mustang7757 likes this.
    12-08-2019 08:10 PM
    My usage stats never reset lol. That's a down side , but alas I use gsam and Accubattery Pro.
    Like I said it really is not needed if one changes their phones yearly or so. The issue will be the next owners problem
    Hahaha...true
    I use the built in usage stats that's what I was referring to.
    frederickdawg likes this.
    12-08-2019 08:12 PM