AT&T update

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
My phone updated yesterday. Since then the SHARE MENU for pictures in my gallery has
completely changed. The messages (texts) is no longer available. I now have to go directly to Message app and then add images to message.
Can not find a way to change or add apps to the SHARE MENU.
Does anyone know? Samsung s10 plus.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My phone updated yesterday. Since then the SHARE MENU for pictures in my gallery has
completely changed. The messages (texts) is no longer available. I now have to go directly to Message app and then add images to message.
Can not find a way to change or add apps to the SHARE MENU.
Does anyone know? Samsung s10 plus.
In the photo gallery when you open a picture should be at the bottom to share ?

double p

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Got the update today. When I go to gallery, pictures I have pictures taken in 2021? Maybe a restart will help.
Cancel the about post. I figured out that all of the pictures dated for 2021 are ones that I Uploaded from my digital camera. The date must be wrong on my camera

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I've tried manually changing the date on my phone up to 3 months out, and still no update. Guess I'm waiting for quite some time.
I've tried moving the date out by several days and it didn't work for me. I'm going to wait a week and if it doesn't update I plan to contact ATT and see if they can push the update to my phone.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I've tried moving the date out by several days and it didn't work for me. I'm going to wait a week and if it doesn't update I plan to contact ATT and see if they can push the update to my phone.
I chatted with ATT a few times now and they tried to initiate the OTA update twice now but my phone still doesn't see it. They told me I just have to wait since it's a phased release. I think moving the date forward on my phone when checking for updates may have screwed it up.

scottishlassy

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I chatted with ATT a few times now and they tried to initiate the OTA update twice now but my phone still doesn't see it. They told me I just have to wait since it's a phased release. I think moving the date forward on my phone when checking for updates may have screwed it up.
Sorry to hear. I still can't get the update on my phone either. I'll just keep checking for the update on my phone and get it when I get it.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear. I still can't get the update on my phone either. I'll just keep checking for the update on my phone and get it when I get it.
I noticed that the latest security update on my phone is from July. Since ATT sends out such updates every month, it seems my phone hasn't received any OTA updates in over 5 months. I chatted with ATT again this morning and the agent promised I would get the update within the next 24 hrs.

scottishlassy

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that the latest security update on my phone is from July. Since ATT sends out such updates every month, it seems my phone hasn't received any OTA updates in over 5 months. I chatted with ATT again this morning and the agent promised I would get the update within the next 24 hrs.
I'm assuming that's the Android security patch level. If so, mine says November 1. Let me know if you actually get the update in 24 hrs please.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I was online chatting with ATT for 2 hrs yesterday trying to get a manually pushed OTA update for Android 10 installed on my S10. Nothing seemed to work. Tried booting into safe mode, wiping cache partition, clearing the data in the Google Framework app, moving the date on the S10 forward by a few days. The ATT supervisor finally gave up and suggested I contact Samsung for hardware support since the OTA wasn't going thru my phone.

I then chatted with Samsung tech support who kept telling me that they have not released Android 10 for the S10 yet. I gave them a link to the ATT website that clearly shows the release of Android 10 for the ATT S10 on Dec 17th, 2019 but the Samsung tech person kept saying they couldn't see that reference from the ATT website. After discussing this for 10 mins it was clear that this tech support person just wasn't getting it. Now, I'm questioning if this update is truly available for my ATT S10... Totally frustrated with this entire process.

pjniez

May 5, 2010
Visit site
This is very disappointing to hear! I'm having the same damn problem! I called AT&T this past Friday about not getting the Android 10 update yet. I was told that they had magically pushed the OTA update to me and I should get it within 24 to 48 hours and I still haven't gotten it yet.

What's even more disappointing is that this is my second S10+ having this same problem. My first S10+ that I pre-ordered was stuck on the February 2019 security patch until I broke the screen at the end of October. I got a brand new replacement S10+ from Asurion. Now my replacement S10+ (which was brand new in a retail box) is stuck on the August 2019 security patch level and I still haven't received the Android 10 update.

I don't understand what's going on with AT&T and updating these phones! I've had Samsung Galaxy phones on AT&T since the S5 Active and never had any issues receiving updates.