So, my phone updated to Android 10. I use Samsung Dex all the time. Now I've found that when I'm using chrome on Dex, when the phone screen turns off, chrome freezes, is totally unusable. If I wake the phone screen it then works again. I found if I use Samsung Internet app while using Dex I do not have this issue. I'd prefer to use chrome.

Any ideas on a solution???

Thank you in advance for your help.
    12-23-2019 06:23 PM
    I'm a huge Dex user at the office, infact I pretty much only use Dex. And I'm having the same issues, can't use chrome, freezes, its pretty much unuseable. Hope Samsung fixes this.
    12-24-2019 09:08 AM
    I'm a huge Dex user at the office, infact I pretty much only use Dex. And I'm having the same issues, can't use chrome, freezes, its pretty much unuseable. Hope Samsung fixes this.
    I've found as a temporary fix until Samsung fixes the issue is to switch the default browser to another, I switched to Samsung Internet app. Then on a desktop add Samsung Internet chrome extension to chrome, which will add your chrome bookmarks.

Last night I was on the phone with Samsung and they created a ticket. Hopefully it's fixed soon.
    12-24-2019 11:23 AM
    Thanks for the update! Let me know how you make out with Samsung support! Happy New Year!
    12-27-2019 09:00 AM
    Has there been any progress made on this Chrome on DeX issue? The last OS update several weeks ago hosed Chrome on DeX for me. I use DeX on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 connected to a 24" Dell display via an HDMI/Video cable exclusively. I ditched all my computers when I retired from my career in IT, so adding the Samsung Internet extension to my Chrome account on a PC is a non-starter. I'd switch to FireFox but it not designed for DeX either.
    05-23-2020 02:10 PM
    Has there been any progress made on this Chrome on DeX issue? The last OS update several weeks ago hosed Chrome on DeX for me. I use DeX on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 connected to a 24" Dell display via an HDMI/Video cable exclusively. I ditched all my computers when I retired from my career in IT, so adding the Samsung Internet extension to my Chrome account on a PC is a non-starter. I'd switch to FireFox but it's not designed for DeX either.
    05-23-2020 02:11 PM