Motherboard

ben881

Jan 7, 2020
Visit site
hi

only had the s10+ for 6 months and the motherboard needs replacing already,
surely that cant be right. I tried to get samsung to give me a new one but they were adamant that wasnt going to happen
is that fair?
whats likely to need a replacement motherboard?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What gets done under warranty service is completely up to Samsung (or the approved technician). It's not about fairness, it's about what they deem the problem is and how fixable it is. There are probably a number of different things that could require a motherboard replacement, so we can't really say.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Same thing happened to my husbands. He had horrible signal and we had just switched from Sprint to Verizon and had unlocked phones from Samsung. He had to send his in to Samsung something with the Sim Card Holder and Motherboard. And he got it back and it's been fine now and his signal became so much better.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'd say that how much you paid for the phone doesn't matter. Warranties for any other item you have will not necessarily allow for full replacement either -- can you imagine that happening with your TV or major appliances?

It's worth reviewing the actual warranty here: www.samsung.com/us/Legal/Phone-HSGuide/#What are Samsung’s obligations?. "During the applicable warranty period, provided the Product is returned in accordance with the terms of this Standard Limited Warranty, Samsung will repair or replace the Product, at Samsung’s sole option, without charge. Samsung may, at Samsung’s sole option, use rebuilt, reconditioned, or new parts or components when repairing any Product, or may replace the Product with a rebuilt, reconditioned or new Product."

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I'd say it's fair given that they're willing to repair it.

I don't really understand your second question "what's likely to need a replacement motherboard?" ... Your phone? Lol.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I'd say that how much you paid for the phone doesn't matter. Warranties for any other item you have will not necessarily allow for full replacement either -- can you imagine that happening with your TV or major appliances?

It's worth reviewing the actual warranty here: www.samsung.com/us/Legal/Phone-HSGuide/#What are Samsung’s obligations?. "During the applicable warranty period, provided the Product is returned in accordance with the terms of this Standard Limited Warranty, Samsung will repair or replace the Product, at Samsung’s sole option, without charge. Samsung may, at Samsung’s sole option, use rebuilt, reconditioned, or new parts or components when repairing any Product, or may replace the Product with a rebuilt, reconditioned or new Product."

Most people actually spend a lot less on a new TV or any other apliance than a new S10+...

That warranty info isn't applicable, if the OP paid £800 for his phone then he isn't in the US. Although I'm sure the UK one is very similar if not the same in this particular instance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Most people actually spend a lot less on a new TV or any other apliance than a new S10+...

That warranty info isn't applicable, if the OP paid £800 for his phone then he isn't in the US. Although I'm sure the UK one is very similar if not the same in this particular instance.

Oh yeah, good point. Here's the European warranty: https://images.samsung.com/is/content/samsung/p5/uk/support/warranty/euro-bloc-warranty-1.pdf. Here's what it says: "Subject to the terms of this Warranty, during the warranty period Samsung will, at its option, repair any defects in the Samsung product or issue a replacement free of charge (save for costs relating to transport, removal or installation of the product) within a reasonable period of time. Repair parts or replacement of the Samsung product will be provided on an exchange basis and may be either new or refurbished to be functionally equivalent to a new product unless applicable national laws stipulate otherwise. The warranty period in respect of a repaired or replaced item shall be the remainder of the warranty period for the original product or such longer period as required by applicable national laws. All original items replaced in the performance of services under this Warranty shall become the property of Samsung and the new or replacement items will become theproperty of the Consumer."

Although you're right about how expensive flagship phones have gotten, there are still plenty of high-end TVs and appliances that people buy, and their warranties aren't any different from a cheapo version.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463