Hi,
    i'd like to know how to set the Samsung S10 phone so that a message notification sound will play for a new message when the message thread is already open on the screen. i have to get out of messages every time just to be able to hear when a reply comes through. it's most annoying.
    is there a way to fix this?
    01-13-2020 11:03 PM
    Do you get a badge icon on new message while open? I'll have to test this out on my device see if sound is available.

I'll leave a link to register so you can communicate here , as a guest account you can't.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    01-14-2020 12:15 AM
    Ever since the January update I'm not getting any notification sound on new messages or messenger even with the apps not open. Settings seem correct. I think this update messed up a lot of things.
    01-14-2020 02:03 AM
    If you have the message thread open, why do you need a notification sound? You can literally see when a new message comes in.

I have an opposite opinion.. I'm glad it doesn't sound, because that's just less sounds my phone makes. I get enough notifications as it is.
    01-14-2020 11:41 AM
    Haven't used the stock Messaging app for AGES, so not sure if it has it or not, but the ability to set a notification sound while the app is open (i.e. chat sounds) is app-dependent. 3rd party messaging apps like Pulse or Textra have the option to enable/disable that, so if the stock messaging app features that, it would be in its Notification settings. If it's not there, then it's not supported (and if it was before, a new update might have taken that away... Samsung isn't a stranger to removing features from their apps).
    01-14-2020 11:54 AM