What is "Limited data sharing?"

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I keep getting a message in Words With Friends that tells me that I have to enable this in settings in order to earn extras by watching short videos. I don't have limited data enabled and I'm on wifi anyway. Plus I can't find anything in the phone's settings that is called "Limited data sharing."

Anyone know where this setting is or any other workaround for this?

TIA

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
"earn extras by watching short videos" sounds like one of may scam apps. "Limited connection" in WiFi means that you're connected to the router, but not to the internet.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
"earn extras by watching short videos" sounds like one of may scam apps. "Limited connection" in WiFi means that you're connected to the router, but not to the internet.
Thanks but this has nothing to do with that. It is saying that this feature built within WWF will not work unless this setting - - which doesn't seem to exist -- is enabled. Very frustrating! Grrrrrrr

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I get that in certain games with in app purchase , if you want more points watch this short video , I dont believe you can turn that off

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I get that in certain games with in app purchase , if you want more points watch this short video , I dont believe you can turn that off
The issue is not turning it off, it's getting it to run so that the additional points/perks can be earned. As it is now, these videos won't play because it's telling the player that they have to enable a setting that simply doesn't exist.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The issue is not turning it off, it's getting it to run so that the additional points/perks can be earned. As it is now, these videos won't play because it's telling the player that they have to enable a setting that simply doesn't exist.
Oh gotcha , try force stopping the app

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you. So I did force stop the app but videos still give me that error message to enable limited data sharing.
The other option is to clear data,cache,,force stop
But this will erase anything you had in the game , its like uninstalling and re installing .

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
This might also be permission setting? Seems like the device is not allowing the video to play because it wants to also pull some data from the device to share back to their server. Just guessing since other suggested methods are not working.

bbgpsuser

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
"Limited data sharing" sure sounds like a privacy setting in Facebook. I doubt that it has to do with your actual data connection to the internet.

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
This might also be permission setting? Seems like the device is not allowing the video to play because it wants to also pull some data from the device to share back to their server. Just guessing since other suggested methods are not working.
That was my thoughts when I saw the question.

My guess would be that the OP would need to go to Settings > Apps > Premissions and give the Game app the premission to read the phone storage, ect.

snowwhite1984

Jan 27, 2020
Visit site
I have been trying to solve this problem too, even the support people gave me wrong info! I JUST FIGURED OUT WHAT TO DO A FEW MINUTES AGO!!!
1. go to settings in Wwf app
2. go to "DO NOT SELL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION" and also go to "MANAGE PERSONALIZATION SETTINGS"
3.turn off the relevant ads in both
4.then restart the app
5.go back to settings and turn back on relevant ads

IT WORKED FOR ME!

snowwhite1984

Jan 27, 2020
Visit site
sorry I forgot to mention, when you go back to settings to turn relevant ads back on, it won't say "Do not sell my personal information" instead it will say "LIMITED SHARING DATA"

snowwhite1984

Jan 27, 2020
Visit site
sorry I forgot to mention, when you go back to settings to turn relevant ads back on, it won't say "Do not sell my personal information" instead it will say "ENABLE LIMITED DATA SHARING"

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-01-27-00-34-31.png
    Screenshot_2020-01-27-00-34-31.png
    194.8 KB · Views: 10

Faye Smith1

Jan 28, 2020
Visit site
sorry I forgot to mention, when you go back to settings to turn relevant ads back on, it won't say "Do not sell my personal information" instead it will say "ENABLE LIMITED DATA SHARING"

Thanks for tips..but how do you get to the settings? In our version of the app I can't see any settings anywhere? Is there some special swipe to bring up settings?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae