Galaxy s20 Ultra!! Are you not entertained?

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
This Phone is a monster. 5G is here and with the rollout on most carriers its great that Samsung is now saying this is the future. Even though the flip and foldable phones are also coming in early form. 5G is here and a screen going to 6.9 and 12 to 16 of RAM. I'm excited and the S10 5G was great I'm on to the next wave of greatness.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I'll probably be grabbing an S20 plus. The price jump on the Ultra just isn't worth it for me at this time. The S20 plus will be perfect for me I think.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
This Phone is a monster. 5G is here and with the rollout on most carriers its great that Samsung is now saying this is the future. Even though the flip and foldable phones are also coming in early form. 5G is here and a screen going to 6.9 and 12 to 16 of RAM. I'm excited and the S10 5G was great I'm on to the next wave of greatness.
Isn't it great!!!!

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
if I wanted to hold a laptop screen to my head or carry it around in my hands all day long, I would already be doing so.

I have no interest.

Plus, 5G isn't "here". The fact that it exists in the wild in a very few places is a far, FAR cry from it being "here" for everyday normal use.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
if I wanted to hold a laptop screen to my head or carry it around in my hands all day long, I would already be doing so.

I have no interest.

Plus, 5G isn't "here". The fact that it exists in the wild in a very few places is a far, FAR cry from it being "here" for everyday normal use.
We get it....you don't like big phones. That doesn't make them bad, just bad for your needs.
There are viable alternative options out there for you, but I think you know that already.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
We get it--you like unwieldy big phones.

Those "viable alternatives" are going away. Even the S20 is too big, not to mention a lesser featured alternative to the rest of the S line.

And none of that changes the fact that 5G really isn't here yet. Smoke and mirrors.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Considered going for the 20+. For my use case, there's just not enough real added value. This may be the case for many 10+ owners.

But, for anyone moving on to the S20 lineup, enjoy!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Those "viable alternatives" are going away. Even the S20 is too big, not to mention a lesser featured alternative to the rest of the S line.

And none of that changes the fact that 5G really isn't here yet. Smoke and mirrors.

They are not unwieldy for me. If you're stuck on Samsung flagships, I guess that may be an issue for you as far as alternatives.

Agreed 5G is spotty, but it will grow and more devices will be including it soon. It would great if they had option without 5G as I would have gone that route, because I will probably trade up if and when a Note 20 is released.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Considered going for the 20+. For my use case, there's just not enough real added value. This may be the case for many 10+ owners.

But, for anyone moving on to the S20 lineup, enjoy!
The biggest differential in my mind is the camera. I was initially totally against buying the S20 and was going to wait for the Note. My mindset changed as I received more information. That and since I have both the S10+ and Note 10+ I figured I might as well trade the S10 in while I can still get a decent amount of coins for it.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
6.9"? That's insanely huge. But I'm still looking forward to seeing all of the displays and holding the new phones at the store.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
6.9"? That's insanely huge. But I'm still looking forward to seeing all of the displays and holding the new phones at the store.
I love the 6.4" on the S10+, but the overall footprint of the phone is actually SMALLER than the Pixel 4,XL and even the 2XL. Which means I have found it really comfortable. But getting any bigger than this would be impossible for me. The width would hurt my poor nerve-damaged hand and it is the size of a small tablet. I think it is just TOO large for a phone. Reminds me of some of those cheap Chinese tablets that you could use as a phone.

One day soon phones will be the size of the iPad mini....

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
The S20 Ultra is just too big for me to consider. I have fairly large hands for a woman, but I couldn't deal with something that huge.

Elky64

Dec 24, 2019
Visit site
Nope not entertained at all and here's why... For the most part our Canadian pricing for Samsung Flagships. Just cannot justify spending that kind of money, that in reality, likely won't enhance my experience in day-to-day use by all that much over the devices already in use. So essentially have never considered a device that crests the 1K mark having yet to feel like we are missing out.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Not really, there's nothing about the S20 line that's particularly interesting or exciting to me... Except the big ol' batteries.

Sticking with my S10e. I did buy a set of galaxy buds+ though... Although it's a shame there's no yellow.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Not really, there's nothing about the S20 line that's particularly interesting or exciting to me... Except the big ol' batteries.

Sticking with my S10e. I did buy a set of galaxy buds+ though... Although it's a shame there's no yellow.

How are you liking the buds so far?

AbductedPiggy

Jan 24, 2020
Visit site
Don't you think this is getting out of hand? I know everyone is doing everything with their smartphones right now - browsing web, watching movies. But seriously - Galaxy S10e was the last "moderately sized" smartphone. The new ones are too big. And if you are looking for a 5incher (maybe 5.5) - there is absolutely nothing on the market.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Nope not entertained at all and here's why... For the most part our Canadian pricing for Samsung Flagships. Just cannot justify spending that kind of money, that in reality, likely won't enhance my experience in day-to-day use by all that much over the devices already in use. So essentially have never considered a device that crests the 1K mark having yet to feel like we are missing out.

You should go out and try a new $200 phone. I think you'd be astounded at how capable it is.

I truly think we reached Peak Phone awhile back, and everything lately and moving forward is just smoke and mirrors and marketing buzz to try to get you to believe the snake oil. Oh--and no one here is a professional photographer, so all the talk about cameras is just noise. Again, see what a modern $200 phone brings to the table.

When the phones with the 765 chip in them start coming out, pay very close attention. They will be the sneak flagships that the marketing teams won't want to talk about. There's no doubt Samsung will also be involved in that, but you'll pay the Samsung tax for it--so know what you're doing and what you want/need before you pay that Samsung tax. I bet Motorola will play heavily in that space.

Me, I think I want a Samsung phone. It integrates very well with my Galaxy Watch, including wireless charging. Plus, I've come to appreciate some of the Samsung niceties. So if an appropriate Samsung 765-equipped phone comes out, I would probably do that.

dendron01

Banned
Aug 8, 2019
Visit site

The only logic is latest and greatest is best. No point trying to argue with a fanboy. Reason doesn't factor into the equation.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski