VPN connects fine on 4G but will not connect on Wifi on my Galaxy S10+ phone

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date

Weatherbain

Feb 15, 2020
Visit site
Yes but the VPN works fine on the other phone with the same Wi-Fi connection. And even with other Wi-Fi connections (such as my workplace), the VPN still does not connect on the Samsung phone.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Is there a reason you won't look at the available networks? I can't help if you aren't able or willing to do checks of settings to diagnos much of anything.

Weatherbain

Feb 15, 2020
Visit site
I don't really understand what you mean. I only have one Wi-Fi network I can access...the one assigned to my apartment. I feel I'm missing something here. I have checked all the settings you suggested, and you can see that from the screenshots. So I not sure how I can access other networks? I tried at work and at a friend's place on different Wi-Fi networks but the vpn will not connect on any Wi-Fi.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
I don't really understand what you mean. I only have one Wi-Fi network I can access...the one assigned to my apartment. I feel I'm missing something here. I have checked all the settings you suggested, and you can see that from the screenshots. So I not sure how I can access other networks? I tried at work and at a friend's place on different Wi-Fi networks but the vpn will not connect on any Wi-Fi.
If you change your mind, reread my posts regarding VPN settings on the device, and checking the network settings through the Connections in the phones Settings. Good luck.

Weatherbain

Feb 15, 2020
Visit site
I have looked through your posts and for whatever reason, I cannot find the settings you are suggesting. They simply don't exist in my phone. I took screenshots showing the Wi-Fi connection settings from my Samsung phone and also from my Huawei phone, as follows:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200221-153800_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20200221-153800_Settings.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG-20200221-WA0028.jpg
    IMG-20200221-WA0028.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 5

Weatherbain

Feb 15, 2020
Visit site
I just tried something random now...I turned off the "use data lge for calls wherever possible"setting. And now it's connecting on Wi-Fi! It doesn't stay connected for long, but at least it responded. Could that have been the issue all along?

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Somewhere, under More Connection Settings is the VPN Setting for the phone itself.
Try typing VPN in the Settings searchbar.