So tired of this clock

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
First they shrunk the clock widget with Android 10. I mean you can make it take up as much room on your home screen as you want but the clock itself will still be this little barely readable thing. Ok, I need a dual clock anyway and the dual clock displays a little bigger, oh and no I'm not visually impaired, but it doesn't access your alarms. That's fine there's an Alarm widget... except you can't add the alarm widget to the screen. It opens the alarms and then immediately disappears.

So I'm either stuck with a tiny clock that allows me to use my alarms or a dual clock and no alarms...

I've tried looking at a few clocks on the Play Store but most have bad reviews for ads... Some for functional stuff, which I wouldn't want anyway if it doesn't work. Everything at the Galaxy Store has horrible reviews, one review or no reviews.

What are you doing or using?

Pros and Cons, please.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've used DIGI Clock Widget for a long time on all of my devices. Nice customization, and the ability to use any custom font. The free version has some fairly innocuous ads in the settings menu, but I appreciated this widget enough to spring for the paid version ($1.49), which has a few more features as well.

The only con I can think of is that there's no ability to have dual timezone clocks.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I've used DIGI Clock Widget for a long time on all of my devices. Nice customization, and the ability to use any custom font. The free version has some fairly innocuous ads in the settings menu, but I appreciated this widget enough to spring for the paid version ($1.49), which has a few more features as well.

The only con I can think of is that there's no ability to have dual timezone clocks.
I, too use digi clock widget and you can set the click to open any app.

I like alarm clock xtreme. It is very functional and a couple of quid to upgrade.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alarmclock.xtreme.free

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

That sounds like a great app - thank you so much for the recommendation!

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Well thanks for the suggestion of DIGI clock. I downloaded that day and I'm currently using it. It is an improvement over the stock widget. I know this is usually the opposite complaint but there may be too much customization. LOL.

One nice thing is I haven't noticed an increase in ads or any push notifications, two things always on my mind with apps like this. Ones you don't interact with much but generate revenue through ads... Anyway, thanks. I'll see if any other suggestions come in.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm glad that they included the ability to use the widget as an app launcher because on the S10+, or at least on mine, I cannot add the stock widget that is just the alarm. With DiGi clock there is no alarm. OK I'll use the stock alarm, but no. I knew I couldn't have it with the Dual Clock of the stock app but I thought it might let me have it if it was the only stock clock widget, but it won't do that either. I even tried putting on its own page. Nope. But using one of DiGi clock's four quadrant launchers I can add Alarms as a launchable app.

So far so good..

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Love this app. Bought the paid version. Better than the one I was using.
Like B. Diddy mentioned the ads for this app only appear when in the settings menu for the app, so they aren't any big deal unless you're a fiddler. What have you gained by purchasing the app, that might make me or someone else purchase it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
For me, it's the ability to use any font I want. Increases my ability to customize the homescreen. The sizing of the widget is also quite flexible -- I've seen other widgets where you're stuck with only one or two sizes.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Like B. Diddy mentioned the ads for this app only appear when in the settings menu for the app, so they aren't any big deal unless you're a fiddler. What have you gained by purchasing the app, that might make me or someone else purchase it?
It unlocks more features. Plus I like to support developers so they continue to support their apps.

tkavan

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I've installed DigiClock Plus on my S10+ and have configured it the way I want. But it won't display. When I pick up the phone it just shows the default Samsung clock. Can you help? Is there something i have to do in Settings?
Thanks,
Tom

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you talking about the lockscreen or Always On Display clock, or on the homescreen? DIGI Clock Widget is only for the homescreen. Your lockscreen clock will still be the system clock.

tkavan

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Well, I wanted it on my lock screen, so I guess I'm out of luck.

But on my home screen I have a "Digital Clock Plus Settings" icon, and I press it i get the settings page. I don't see any way to get the clock style I like to display.

What I mean is that I get the clock style i like on the top part of the widget screen, but can't see any way to get rid of the settings options on the rest of the screen and just display the clock.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just to be sure -- you're talking about this widget, right? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sk.michalec.DigiClockWidgetPro&hl=en_US. There are a couple of clock widgets called "Digi Clock," as previously mentioned in this thread.

Have you actually added the widget to the homescreen? Tap any empty part of the homescreen, then Widget, then look for the available widgets under DIGI Clock. Drag and drop the desired size/format to the homescreen.

tkavan

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, B. Diddy. I hadn't actually added the widget to the home screen in the way you describe. I just did that, and all is good! Again, many thanks.

mundo472

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Are you talking about the lockscreen or Always On Display clock, or on the homescreen? DIGI Clock Widget is only for the homescreen. Your lockscreen clock will still be the system clock.

Yeah, I wish the aod clock had a little more customization options

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tgksnow