Will Edge Panels on S10+ work still with the Blackberry Hub, etc.?

siglerm

Mar 14, 2020
Visit site
I am looking to purchase an S10+. I will probably load the Blackberry Keyboard and possibly the Hub and Calendar. If I add all those to my S10+, will I still have the ability to use the Edge panels that I have read about? Or will the Blackberry things cause the Edge panels not to work or be displayed?

astrodan13

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
I'm on an S10 + and use the BlackBerry apps. I also have the BlackBerry keyboard sideloaded. I just turned the edge panel back on (as I never really use it) and it works like it should. Hope this helps you! I might play around a bit more with it as I could probably declutter my screen a bit. I never really used it on the PRIV either, so I just turned this one off too.

siglerm

Mar 14, 2020
Visit site
It sounds like I should not have any issues having BlackBerry stuff on it and still have the Edge. I didn't realize you could turn the Edge on and off.

astrodan13

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Thanks! Just go to settings >display >edge screen. There you can toggle it on or off. Not really sure how to add an app to it though as I never use it. I've been with BlackBerry since the side wheel one, the 77 something, can't remember. Then the curves, bolds, storms then onto the Z10 and Z30. After those models I really didn't want to go back to a keyboard, even though they looked pretty good. And after the PRIV, forget it. I needed that large awesome screen! So, I finally went for the S10 + and it's been a great phone for me. The only thing I hate is almost every day there's app updates. And when you first start using it, you need an app for everything, period. Watch a video, you need a video player. Import an alarm or notification sound? You need a music player. Open a document? Yep, you need a reader. The only thing nice about that is that you're not stuck with just one built into the Os. It can be frustrating, but as Crackberry is, this site is full of very knowledgeable people. Have fun with the new phone! Oh, the BlackBerry apps work great on it!

siglerm

Mar 14, 2020
Visit site
Thanks so much. I am bummed to hear that I will have so much more stuff to load on just to make it function. But you have provided good info. I am so tired of my KeyOne locking up or being slow or other glitches. I loved my PRIV and the screen size but obviously the processor and over heating were issues. My friend told me to take the plunge and go elsewhere.

siglerm

Mar 14, 2020
Visit site
Do you have a case on yours and if so, which one? I have been looking at the Otterbox (which is what I used on the Z10).

astrodan13

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
BlackBerry apps are still kicking lol! As for the case, I use the Otterbox Defender. It just works good and I like the side holster as I'm not a pocket guy. If I was, I'd probably go for the Otterbox Commuter. Had that on the Z30 and it was great. You can use a bunch of the Google Apps for documents, pdfs, xls, etc. But instead of using 4 or 5 different apps, I use smart office as it does all of those different documents in one app and uses less space than all the others combined. Like I said, there's tons of apps for everything on this instead of everything being built in like BlackBerry, so you have a lot to choose from. The Samsung file app is actually pretty good and is pre-installed. The phone is a beast too. I'm sure that you will like it.