S10e camera overexposing

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I am not the only person to observe this behavior.

I wish when I moved the exposure compensation to make the image darker I wouldn't ALSO change the "Photo" mode to whatever is on the left of the modes I have on the screen.

Wondering if Samsung is ever going to fix this.

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
find Pro Mode on the S10e hard to use because all the settings are so close together. I invariably hit the wrong thing, just as I've experienced with trying to make an exposure compensation with the slider in "Photo" mode. What happens when I use that is the Mode changes to whatever I have on the left because I'm always lowering the exposure to make up for overexposure.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
find Pro Mode on the S10e hard to use because all the settings are so close together. I invariably hit the wrong thing, just as I've experienced with trying to make an exposure compensation with the slider in "Photo" mode. What happens when I use that is the Mode changes to whatever I have on the left because I'm always lowering the exposure to make up for overexposure.
I can help with learning and using manual modes on phones, but I don't have any experience with Samsung's app. Could you upload a sample photo and/or a screenshot of the camera app showing the problem and what you're trying to achieve? I understand using exposure compensation for the over exposure, but I'm confused on what you are referring to with it changing modes and the problem it's creating.

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Thank you so much for the offer of help. I do understand all the settings because I am a long term user of manual settings on digital cameras.
The problem is one of the physical proximity of the settings as you can see in the enclosed photo. The yellow yellow recommends the spot I held to achieve a focus lock. The plus and minus line is the exposure compensation setting.

When I put my finger on that slider it activates the Photo modes which are at the right of the photo app screen. In the case of the two modes shown, when I slide down that compensation line the mode will change to Panorama even though I am nowhere near those modes. Sometimes it will switch to selfie mode.

It's a design flaw in the interface and Samsung ought to think about changing it.Closeness of settings.jpg

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
A few questions, then.

When this happens, before letting off with your finger, have you verified you are physically touching the slider and not accidentally touching the mode selections?

Does the exposure compensation also change AND the mode selection, or is it only one or the other?

What happens if you were to touch to the left to focus on the logo, would it still change the mode when trying to adjust the exposure?

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Problem seems to be fixed after I reordered the Modes so that Pro mode was to the left where Panorama used to be. I can now use minus compensation without changing modes. I hope that continues to be the case!

Thanks for the suggestions. Oh...yes, my finger is about 1" from the modes when I'm on the slider.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Problem seems to be fixed after I reordered the Modes so that Pro mode was to the left where Panorama used to be. I can now use minus compensation without changing modes. I hope that continues to be the case!

Thanks for the suggestions. Oh...yes, my finger is about 1" from the modes when I'm on the slider.
I'm glad you got it resolve, or at least a work around. I was trying to figure out if maybe your screen digitizer was defective, thinking you were tapping elsewhere. That would result in problems regardless of which app you used, so I wasn't sure.

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Further testing has shown me that when I move the slider up in Landscape (horizontal) mode I will go into Panorama, which is where it has always been to the right of Photo (what I wrote above it wrong - my brain is addled) I will move to Panorama mode, but if I hold the phone in portrait (vertical mode) I don't seem to have the problem of the slider finger changing my modes. Thanks for your patience with me.