Hello everyone, I have the S10+ and I do love the phone. Two cons I’ve noticed the battery kinda sucks and I do have all my power settings set properly however I can’t make it a full day without dying but that not the end of the world it charges very fast so I don’t mind. However what do you guys use for a keyboard? I’m trying out the Gboard and it’s okay but not perfect. So I was curious what you all like?
    04-03-2020 08:30 AM
    You can try clearing cache in recovery see if that helps for battery, I switch between stock keyboard with google text to voice and Google Gboard.
    04-03-2020 09:20 AM
    You can try clearing cache in recovery see if that helps for battery, I switch between stock keyboard with google text to voice and Google Gboard.
    How would I go about clearing my cache in recovery?
    04-03-2020 10:29 AM
    I see you are a newer user here - welcome to Android Central!

Do you have a lot of apps running in the background? Perhaps try booting your phone into Safe Mode to see if battery life improves. If it does, perhaps a third party app is causing some of the battery issues you are experiencing.

With regards to keyboard, I've been using the stock keyboard since I got my S10 in mid-October. I am a big fan of Gboard though - I like it better than even Swiftkey, which I used to use quite often on other devices.

Keep us posted on your battery's performance!
    04-03-2020 10:36 AM
    How would I go about clearing my cache in recovery?
    Follow this YouTube instructions

dwells1118 likes this.
    04-03-2020 10:38 AM
    Thank you I just did it
    mustang7757 likes this.
    04-03-2020 10:47 AM
    Thank you I just did it
    Welcome , it's good to do that between software updates to clear out junk .
    04-03-2020 10:53 AM
    Hello everyone, I have the S10+ and I do love the phone. Two cons I’ve noticed the battery kinda sucks and I do have all my power settings set properly however I can’t make it a full day without dying but that not the end of the world it charges very fast so I don’t mind. However what do you guys use for a keyboard? I’m trying out the Gboard and it’s okay but not perfect. So I was curious what you all like?
    The built in Samsung keyboard. It has great features.
    04-03-2020 11:20 AM
    The built in Samsung keyboard. It has great features.
    Ya it does. However i seem to misspell a lot on it. I wish Samsung has a keyboard like Apple. That so far is the best keyboard I’ve ever used.
    04-03-2020 01:25 PM
    Ya it does. However i seem to misspell a lot on it. I wish Samsung has a keyboard like Apple. That so far is the best keyboard I’ve ever used.
    Lol iOS keyboard is the one of my least favorite.

It STILL has no haptic feedback mode and only got swipe capabilities since last year's update while others have had it for many years.
    And no theme customization options for iOS keyboard.

BlackBerry's virtual keyboard and GBoard are basically my two favorites, right after the physical one lol
    04-03-2020 01:51 PM
    Lol iOS keyboard is the one of my least favorite.

It STILL has no haptic feedback mode and only got swipe capabilities since last year's update while others have had it for many years.
    And no theme customization options for iOS keyboard.

BlackBerry's virtual keyboard and GBoard are basically my two favorites, right after the physical one lol
    Why would you want haptic feedback? I always turn that off. Regardless on it being customizable it still works better than androids sadly imo
    04-03-2020 02:06 PM
    Why would you want haptic feedback?
    as a KEY2 user and avid defender of the PKB, I like haptic feedback because it helps make the experience of typing on glass less stale.
    Of course, a good haptic motor will make for a far better experience than a "tinny" one.
    And iPhones happen to have the best haptic motors. But they're not putting that to use with their keyboard!

Why not give iOS users the option?
    Those who want it will activate it.
    dwells1118 likes this.
    04-03-2020 02:17 PM
    as a KEY2 user and avid defender of the PKB, I like haptic feedback because it helps make the experience of typing on glass less stale.
    Of course, a good haptic motor will make for a far better experience than a "tinny" one.
    And iPhones happen to have the best haptic motors. But they're not putting that to use with their keyboard!

Why not give iOS users the option?
    Those who want it will activate it.
    I can understand that.
    04-03-2020 02:21 PM
    I agree with the_boon. I just came from a KeyOne and loved the pkb. I am using the Blackberry vkb on this phone. One thing I noticed is that the Blackberry keyboard keys appear to be larger than the stock keyboard. I am grateful for that, plus the swiping/selective capabilities the Blackberry vkb offers. I have already gotten comments from friends who seem to think I type pretty quickly on it. But admittedly, I am much slower and less accurate than on the pkb. But so far, I am a fan of it on the S10+.
    the_boon likes this.
    04-06-2020 10:30 AM
    I just cleared my partition even though I wasn't having any problems but you guys said it was good to do from time to time.
    04-07-2020 02:51 PM
    I use swiftkey and love it.
    04-07-2020 05:37 PM
    Does SwiftKey have arrows or a trackpad? I don't remember.

All I remember is, they put out a version one time 9 or so months ago that flat-out didn't work, and I was forced to go back to the Samsung keyboard. I've been using it ever since.
    04-07-2020 06:13 PM
    Yes arrow keys are an option you can toggle on/off in the settings.
    04-08-2020 01:20 PM
    Yes arrow keys are an option you can toggle on/off in the settings.
    So not available on demand? Samsung makes a trackpad available on demand; you can switch back and from from predictive text to a row of tools, and one of the tools is the trackpad (that includes cut/copy/paste)
    04-08-2020 03:25 PM
    No, I don't see that its on demand/like long press-hold. you have to go into the settings in the swiftkey app, enable it or disable it in the layout/keys area.
    04-08-2020 03:49 PM
    Using the stock Samsung keyboard at the moment by might give the Blackberry one a try.
    04-10-2020 06:46 AM