RFID... What's on your wishlist?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about you but I was amazed to find out that Samsung Pay worked at terminals that didn't have NFC. It used to make me giddy to walk up and here we don't take that here and presto bango card accepted. I know we all have device wish lists but being able to do NFC and magnetic strip readers it's a wonder that devices can't do RFID. Oh, I've watched YouTube videos on how to get RFID on your device, one video had you destroy your RFID badge and put the foil pieces inside of your phone case. I mean yeah that might work but do I really want to destroy my beautiful case or my company property ID? There are several others that tell you how to use your phone and this really expensive device (sold separately and batteries not included) to program RFID badges. That's still not RFID on your device, well unless you're like my co-worker who glued his badge to his case.

I mean I can see the potential for misuse. Go to your favorite retail outlet and scan their security RFID badges and walk in and out a few times setting off their security doors. Then go back one day and actually try to walkout with something. It might work. Imagine the good though. Never forgetting your work badge, your car fob, keyless entry... I mean these days your phone is probably the one thing you don't leave without or forget. I mean you don't see signs walking into Wal-Mart about forgetting your phone in your car, right? On a serious note if you can forget you have a child in the car I think you should take a seat at the end of the green mile. *Clears throat* Anyway I'd add RFID to my wish list.

What's on yours?

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
My wish list is pretty simplistic, as I know most of the big-ticket items will be implemented in due time anyway. With that, here goes, in no particular order:

1. Get rid of the "headers" that take up half the screen space when you open up contacts, phone, messages, email, etc. It's useless and in the way.
  2. Allow me to sort my favorite contacts however i want, not just have them listed alphabetically. I'm sick of having to scroll down to get to my wife, who I call more than anyone. I should be able to put her at the top of my list, right???
  3. For the love of all that is holy, get rid of the curved edges. This gimmick has been around long enough, and has proven itself totally worthless from a practical standpoint.
  4. Allow me to toggle on/off icon and app names on any of the home screen pages, like Nova does. I want to use One UI, and it's good ... just not quite there yet.
  5. In the native messages (text messaging) app, get rid of the "view all" if you get a longer than acceptable text. Or at least give us the option to toggle that feature on/off.
  6. This isn't that big a deal, but it would be nice to be able to customize the native message app .. like being able to set background and bubble colors, etc. I know themes has access to this to change it, but we as the end-user right now do not from what I can tell.
  7. Lose the dedicated Bixby button. Regardless of how great any assistant is, having a dedicated hardware button for it is crazy to me.

I'm sure there are more that I just can't remember now ... but yah, that's the stuff for me that I wanna see changed. Of course, getting a real FPS back on the phone on the back would be great too. Better face ID recognition (meaning better overall, and more secure)... again, please go back to flat screens and normal size bezels. Honestly, the only reason I even run a case on my phone is because the sides (edges) are too narrow and I accidentally touch the screen too much ... blah blah blah lol.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Well the headers are supposed to make using the device easier by bringing everything closer to the bottom of the screen for easier reach. Actually if you use a theme I think that feature goes away... I know it disables dark mode and defaults to whatever the theme is. Kind of wish you could do both, use a theme and dark mode together for the things that aren't affected by the theme. Your number 2 made me go look because I thought in the past there was a bit more control, or at least being able to move your favorites to the top.

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
My wish list is pretty simplistic, as I know most of the big-ticket items will be implemented in due time anyway. With that, here goes, in no particular order:

1. Get rid of the "headers" that take up half the screen space when you open up contacts, phone, messages, email, etc. It's useless and in the way.
  2. Allow me to sort my favorite contacts however i want, not just have them listed alphabetically. I'm sick of having to scroll down to get to my wife, who I call more than anyone. I should be able to put her at the top of my list, right???
  3. For the love of all that is holy, get rid of the curved edges. This gimmick has been around long enough, and has proven itself totally worthless from a practical standpoint.
  4. Allow me to toggle on/off icon and app names on any of the home screen pages, like Nova does. I want to use One UI, and it's good ... just not quite there yet.
  5. In the native messages (text messaging) app, get rid of the "view all" if you get a longer than acceptable text. Or at least give us the option to toggle that feature on/off.
  6. This isn't that big a deal, but it would be nice to be able to customize the native message app .. like being able to set background and bubble colors, etc. I know themes has access to this to change it, but we as the end-user right now do not from what I can tell.
  7. Lose the dedicated Bixby button. Regardless of how great any assistant is, having a dedicated hardware button for it is crazy to me.

I'm sure there are more that I just can't remember now ... but yah, that's the stuff for me that I wanna see changed. Of course, getting a real FPS back on the phone on the back would be great too. Better face ID recognition (meaning better overall, and more secure)... again, please go back to flat screens and normal size bezels. Honestly, the only reason I even run a case on my phone is because the sides (edges) are too narrow and I accidentally touch the screen too much ... blah blah blah lol.

Fix for 2 - why not make a shortcut to your wife on your home screen? I have that so I don't have to open dialer or contacts. Super convenient!

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Fix for 2 - why not make a shortcut to your wife on your home screen? I have that so I don't have to open dialer or contacts. Super convenient!
I used to have a whole page dedicated to phone/contacts, where I used the native 1-touch dial/text contact widgets. I had kinda forgotten about those, but may bring those back again. I still think it's "stupid" that we can't sort our favorites how we wish.