Using gestures and Samsung Pay

Roosterman

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I use the gesture feature of Android 10 instead of the old bar method. I've liked it since starting it on my old Essential phone. However, Samsung Pay is driving me nuts. I've been using Google pay but it's not accepted at my local grocery store owned by Kroger. They do take Samsung pay so I decided to set it up. Now, whenever I swipe up from the bottom to stop using an app or go to another app from the card, Samsung Pay automatically opens! I've tried to dismiss the card and that makes no difference.

Is there a way to stop this "feature"? Extraordinarily annoying! If this keeps ups, I'm going to remove this as a payment option.

Any help would be appreciated!

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I use the gesture feature of Android 10 instead of the old bar method. I've liked it since starting it on my old Essential phone. However, Samsung Pay is driving me nuts. I've been using Google pay but it's not accepted at my local grocery store owned by Kroger. They do take Samsung pay so I decided to set it up. Now, whenever I swipe up from the bottom to stop using an app or go to another app from the card, Samsung Pay automatically opens! I've tried to dismiss the card and that makes no difference.

Is there a way to stop this "feature"? Extraordinarily annoying! If this keeps ups, I'm going to remove this as a payment option.

Any help would be appreciated!

yes. you can disable it. open the samsung pay app. Use top left corner hamburger menu. then open settings in the bottom. Tap quick access. You'll be able to disable the quick access for what screen you want - lock, home, and screen off. Test and see if that works for you. Good luck!

Roosterman

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
yes. you can disable it. open the samsung pay app. Use top left corner hamburger menu. then open settings in the bottom. Tap quick access. You'll be able to disable the quick access for what screen you want - lock, home, and screen off. Test and see if that works for you. Good luck!

You're a genius! Thanks for bringing my blood pressure back down! I really hate when they assume you want this kind of CRAP and don't ask.