02-18-2019 10:47 PM
62 123
tools
    At the alleged prices I suppose most people are going to pass on this one and keep their old phones for another year.

Not being able to put a screen protector on without breaking the ultrasonic fingerprint reader might also have to do with it
    Is there any specific reasons for ultrasonic readers not working under screen protectors? I've searched alot for that, ultrasonic sensors can read the fingerprint under any situation like wet fingers.
    02-09-2019 06:22 AM
    I'm curious about a screen protector too I read on this one site that this phone will come with a protector already on it which I doubt cause no one else has mentioned it yet. I always use a Zagg protector this girl at the mall kiosk puts it on for me so I will be upset if I can't have one.
    02-09-2019 12:49 PM
    I'm curious about a screen protector too I read on this one site that this phone will come with a protector already on it which I doubt cause no one else has mentioned it yet. I always use a Zagg protector this girl at the mall kiosk puts it on for me so I will be upset if I can't have one.
    From a case maker Armadillotek.com, they said they tested the SP on real phone, wo t work
    02-11-2019 08:28 PM
    I was wondering the same thing...I remember the S7 edge and S8Plus, these forums were on fire. The S10 is supposed to be showing Feb 20th and from what i hear pre-ordering starts there after. I have the S8plus, which I love, but I really want to upgrade to the S10plus, so many cool features that I like. I can't stop thinking about it really
    02-16-2019 12:36 PM
    I dont think I'll be upgrading to the 10 this year... the note is an awesome phone and for the price of the newer devices... I doubt they will have any improvements that will make me jump ship.
    02-16-2019 01:13 PM
    I was wondering the same thing...I remember the S7 edge and S8Plus, these forums were on fire. The S10 is supposed to be showing Feb 20th and from what i hear pre-ordering starts there after. I have the S8plus, which I love, but I really want to upgrade to the S10plus, so many cool features that I like. I can't stop thinking about it really
    I know the buzz is really low this year compared to other years and it's the 10 anniversary, even if not everyone will upgrade people always would comment on these boards regardless
    02-16-2019 02:20 PM
    Frankly, not finding anything all that exciting, and Samsung seems to think their name on a phone is like 24k gold. We'll, it isn't and after years of buying Sammy phones I'll be looking at alot of other possibilities this year.
    02-17-2019 12:52 AM
    You also have to consider that the smartphone market has saturated and matured, even in the last year. Look around Android Central, name a new device where there is lots of buzz. You won't find one. Even the buzz around the latest iPhones is dead.

What are we suppose to be buzzing about exactly? The camera? The Oled screens? Samsung One UI? We've already experienced the best the smartphone world has to offer.
    02-17-2019 02:53 AM
    You also have to consider that the smartphone market has saturated and matured, even in the last year. Look around Android Central, name a new device where there is lots of buzz. You won't find one. Even the buzz around the latest iPhones is dead.

What are we suppose to be buzzing about exactly? The camera? The Oled screens? Samsung One UI? We've already experienced the best the smartphone world has to offer.
    I agree with everything you are saying it's just something enthusiasts will usually chat about regardless of whether they are getting the phone or not, but like you said the buzz is low everywhere
    02-17-2019 09:39 AM
    Specifically the performance has gotten to the point of most folks not seeing a need to jump. Again, this is a key reason for fixed batteries. They essentially force a two year aggregate retirement curve.
    02-18-2019 02:53 PM
    The prices on the S10 will also be keeping people away. I'm hearing the model with the 12GB/1TB model will be $1500 in the US and the lower capacity model will be about $1300.

It's really time to start thinking about a 2 year upgrade cycle at those prices. I still have my Note 9 and S9+, plus a fully functioning Note 8 that I still enjoy using.
    02-18-2019 06:56 PM
    The prices on the S10 will also be keeping people away. I'm hearing the model with the 12GB/1TB model will be $1500 in the US and the lower capacity model will be about $1300.

It's really time to start thinking about a 2 year upgrade cycle at those prices. I still have my Note 9 and S9+, plus a fully functioning Note 8 that I still enjoy using.
    LOL... Anyone who thinks they need 12 gb of Ram and 1tb of storage deserves to pay 1500.

I would never commit that much to one phone. I would never fill half of that.
    02-18-2019 10:47 PM
62 123