Why is the buzz so low?

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Is it just me, or is the buzz and hype for this phone on this forum super low? I've been on here for several years, and there was always a lot more excitement, news to share, etc. in the months leading up to an S series or Note launch. The S10 sub-forum seems quite dead by comparison.

Am I missing something?

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
There has been a ton of leaks and discussion all over the internet about the S10. But CES is going on and there is a lot of buzz about other products right now. Some of the buzz might return after CES is over with and done....

AirMech74

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
There has been a ton of leaks and discussion all over the internet about the S10. But CES is going on and there is a lot of buzz about other products right now. Some of the buzz might return after CES is over with and done....

Yeah, I have a feeling in the next couple of weeks, we'll start seeing more...hell, there is already unboxing videos on Youtube...not sure how...gotta be fakes if so.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah in the past there's been WAY more hype. This forum is so dead now. I keep checking back in waiting for an explosion, but it hasn't happened yet for some reason. I hope it picks up.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Not being argumentative.
There is nothing to be excited about. Is there anything they come really do that would wow us? 5g, better display, better battery better UI? They would have to make massive changes to really make an impact, hell they could skip a year and no one would really notice as the 8 and 9 series are so good. Every phone company it starting to hit the peak.

What would get me going is a serious camera upgrade, much better battery performance (not just a bigger battery), a non glass back and a flat screen. I like what Samsung is doing since nougat with the software as it just keeps getting better.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Battery tech is moving so slowly. I'll be happy with a 4k mah battery. After that I could probably just stick with the same phone for a couple of years, honestly.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I like that the hype is low. I like that there isn't much to be excited about. That means Samsung has the opportunity to surprise and build excitement on actual merit rather than pre-hype. I'd prefer the excitement start right before the announcement like the S7 did.

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
What could they possibly to make the s10 far superior to the note 9 / s9? Nothing. Tech has reached a saturation point. I’ll be moving from the iPhone X to the S10 if the screen isn’t curved like the s8 that I had. I left the s8 because I hated the curved display.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes. I've been amazed by the lack of excitement (at least as judged by the inctivity on forums like this) about the S10. I recall that before the release of the S7 (my current device), these forums were literally on fire for at least two months prior to release. I passed on the S8 and S9 because they bored me to death but I will be buying the S10 because of the in-display fingerprint reader and the (vastly) improved camera technology. Others are correct, however, in noting that smartphones have really hit a plateau in which changes are now largely incremental and not "must-have" paradigm shifting breakthroughs. My S7 has been a great device and has served me well but it's time for a change and the S10+ looks like it's going to fit the bill.

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I agree the hype has been kind of low so far but it's still over a month before it's unveiled

As for the 5G version does anyone know if it will come to North America in March along with the other 3 versions? Or is it just for South Korea?

Thanks

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
S10 will be a cool device for sure. I am more interested to see what S10E will be. Others don't interest me because i don't like big phones.

callihan_44

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I think more people are opting to keep their phones till they die, apple is having this issue with lower sales and I suspect samsung will have the same. I plan on getting the regular S10 and keeping it till the contract runs out, smartphone innovation has slowed to a crawl ....I suspect the S10 will be only slightly better than the S9 which was only slightly better than the S8 ...

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
At the alleged prices I suppose most people are going to pass on this one and keep their old phones for another year.

Not being able to put a screen protector on without breaking the ultrasonic fingerprint reader might also have to do with it

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm very curious to see how many Note 9 folks, who LOVE their phone and who came from the Note 8 and S9+ ... be jumping to the S10+.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm very curious to see how many Note 9 folks, who LOVE their phone and who came from the Note 8 and S9+ ... be jumping to the S10+.
Got nothing to do with liking the Note9 - people, and heaven knows I'm one of them, just love to get new toys

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm still using an S7 Edge as neither the S8 or S9 offered anything I was interested in. The S10, however, really looks like a very significant upgrade to my S7 and I'll likely be getting it. Way better cameras, better battery, in-display fingerprint sensor and dramatically improved Qualcomm processor are some of the reasons I like this new offering from Samsung.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia