02-12-2019 04:17 PM
31 12
tools
    What's frustrating me is all this effort to incorporate a front facing camera when I have never once used a front facing camera. Never used the Iris scanning feature, never used it as a mirror, definitely never used it for selfies. Seems to me that this feature is holding back the evolution of the phone. Couldn't they have a model specifically with or without the front camera? Am I alone on this?
    Eggmundo likes this.
    02-06-2019 08:46 AM
    most ladies can't live without it.
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    02-06-2019 10:19 AM
    A phone without a good front facing camera would sell horribly. Some people like you may not use it, but most people do occasionally and some very frequently.
    SDTRMG and bchain996 like this.
    02-06-2019 11:29 AM
    I've rarely used mine and would be fine without it. But selfies are extremely popular (even starting to replace autographs with celebs), so I can see why manufacturers use them.
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    02-06-2019 12:07 PM
    And it's not only about selfies, more and more people use the front camera for video calls, being with friends, relatives or even business. As stated above, a phone without a front camera or any workaround trick would sell terribly.
    Rose4uKY, DMP89145 and SDTRMG like this.
    02-06-2019 12:13 PM
    I agree OP but that will never happen.

The only reason I do selfies is because my girl wants me to. LOL
    02-06-2019 04:07 PM
    I agree OP but that will never happen.

The only reason I do selfies is because my girl wants me to. LOL
    you ever join a video chat for work or personal?
    02-06-2019 04:37 PM
    Yeah, a modern phone without a front camera is a disaster imo. Instagram alone requires it.
    02-06-2019 09:29 PM
    you ever join a video chat for work or personal?
    FML lol

Omit that. I video chat with my girl every day. Focused too much on selfies.
    02-07-2019 10:08 PM
    People are vain and moronic. The world is OMGzz SELFIE PLZZZZ
    103Softail likes this.
    02-08-2019 05:04 AM
    What's frustrating me is all this effort to incorporate a front facing camera when I have never once used a front facing camera. Never used the Iris scanning feature, never used it as a mirror, definitely never used it for selfies. Seems to me that this feature is holding back the evolution of the phone. Couldn't they have a model specifically with or without the front camera? Am I alone on this?
    Yes, you're alone on this.
    02-09-2019 04:05 AM
    As you said, many samsung users still using fingerprint for their privacy. But everyone are still using selfie as a mirror and taking selfies during special occasions, most of the common people will hate once samsung remove selfie camera.
    02-09-2019 05:47 AM
    You may not be alone, but nearly. No front camera and the phone won't sell. I could easily do without selfies, but I do video chat with wife and kids.
    02-09-2019 06:05 AM
    Why are people suddenly concerned about front facing cameras? They've been around since the beginning of the smartphone.
    02-09-2019 10:19 AM
    I do selfies all the time and snapchats using the front facing camera. I can't see it going away but it is popular and lots of people do video chat I guess. I have an App called Tango and I used to video chat with my dad who has an iPhone but he never knows how to use it or answer LOL!
    02-09-2019 12:21 PM
    Why are people suddenly concerned about front facing cameras? They've been around since the beginning of the smartphone.
    Maybe the OP is concerned about the design limitations because of bezels, notches or holes
    02-09-2019 02:16 PM
    Maybe the OP is concerned about the design limitations because of bezels, notches or holes
    No one is forcing anyone to purchase this generation of phone. This is what we have right now.
    02-09-2019 03:36 PM
    Never used mine but I have seen people who apparently have forgotten what they look like & so must keep taking selfies! I think it's an addiction!
    02-10-2019 07:23 AM
    Yes, you're alone on this.
    Err no he's not!
    02-10-2019 07:25 AM
    No, he's not alone, but a phone with no front facing camara is just not going to be successful today. Yes, selfies (I agree, an addiction for some), but also video conferencing for work, family and friends is expected in a modern handset.
    Err no he's not!
    02-10-2019 09:42 AM
    No, he's not alone, but a phone with no front facing camara is just not going to be successful today. Yes, selfies (I agree, an addiction for some), but also video conferencing for work, family and friends is expected in a modern handset.
    Exactly. And this wasn't even a point of discussion until the hole punch. Let's get real. If you don't like the hole punch design, you don't like the hole punch design. We get it. But let's not start insulting people who require a front camera for a variety of reasons, because you don't like a design choice ( not *you*, but others in the thread).
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    02-10-2019 12:09 PM
    I have no idea if I will like the hole punch design or not. I guess I need to see it in person but I'm sure I will just pre-order the phone on 2/20 to have on 3/8. People say it will interfere with notifications or watching videos so I don't know I'll have to wait and see but I still want the phone.
    02-10-2019 01:02 PM
    No one is forcing anyone to purchase this generation of phone. This is what we have right now.
    Understood.....just explaining what I think the concerns are.
    02-10-2019 10:34 PM
    Thinking about it I haven't seen a laptop or tablet in years without a front facing camera either. Even the dirt cheap Atom powered windows devices had them, I think it's just something consumers expect at this point so they can video chat.
    02-10-2019 10:55 PM
    Thinking about it I haven't seen a laptop or tablet in years without a front facing camera either. Even the dirt cheap Atom powered windows devices had them, I think it's just something consumers expect at this point so they can video chat.
    Exactly
    02-10-2019 10:58 PM
31 12