Recent Update Broke Wi-Fi!

pareto82

Jul 16, 2020
Visit site
The recent software update broke Wi-Fi on my Galaxy S10e (U.S. unlocked Snapdragon). I keep getting kicked off of the Wi-Fi network over and over again.

I've rebooted my phone. And my router. And my OTN. And I've reset my network settings. And my system cache. I've also tried turning Wi-Fi on and off. And removing and adding my Wi-Fi network.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Any additional thoughts on how to fix this? Thanks in advance!

pareto82

Jul 16, 2020
Visit site
Ok so was same, you check wifi history any apps that control it ?

The last entry was several months ago.

Seems to have been working better today. Crossing my fingers that there was some weird ISP or router issue yesterday--which still seems odd, since all of my other devices seemed to stay connected.

Thanks again!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The last entry was several months ago.

Seems to have been working better today. Crossing my fingers that there was some weird ISP or router issue yesterday--which still seems odd, since all of my other devices seemed to stay connected.

Thanks again!
Ok , keep us posted
Your welcome!

pareto82

Jul 16, 2020
Visit site
The problem seems to have returned again today (though not quite as bad). Multiple wi-fi disconnections, only apparently affecting my S10e. Any additional thoughts?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The problem seems to have returned again today (though not quite as bad). Multiple wi-fi disconnections, only apparently affecting my S10e. Any additional thoughts?
I'm thinking something with your wifi , but put phone in safe mode see how it is

pareto82

Jul 16, 2020
Visit site
I'm going to try "Wi-Fi Safe Mode" in Developer Options and see if that does anything. (I had tried system-wide safe mode earlier in the week.)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Some of the options in the guide don't seem to show up on my phone, such as "Wi-Fi Frequency Band" and "Wi-Fi Optimization." Do you know if these options been moved (or removed?) on Android 10?

Yeah, some of those suggestions are for older devices. I don't think there's a wi-fi optimization option on Samsung phones any more. There might still be an option to select which wi-fi band you're using -- try searching the system settings for that.

pareto82

Jul 16, 2020
Visit site
Are you able to test the phone on other wi-fi networks to see if the same thing happens there?

I'll have to find somewhere to test it. I did use another network without incident briefly this evening. But my other devices on the network aren't having this sort of problem....