Upgrade to S20FE?

jcgc

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm very happy with the S10E but considering buying the newer S20 FE. For me, the primary reasons are a phone with a new battery and 3 years of software and security updates. I'm not all that interested in the 120hz refresh vs what we have now and while I don't need 5G now perhaps I will in the future. I'm also motivated because Samsung is offering a good trade-in discount.

Has anyone switched or any thoughts on this for or against?

gadgetfreak2

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm very happy with the S10E but considering buying the newer S20 FE. For me, the primary reasons are a phone with a new battery and 3 years of software and security updates. I'm not all that interested in the 120hz refresh vs what we have now and while I don't need 5G now perhaps I will in the future. I'm also motivated because Samsung is offering a good trade-in discount.

I am always looking out for options but I can't see myself getting the FE. It is way too big. The whole reason I got the 10E was the size.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site

You get 3 years of software updates and 4 years of security updates on your S10e. Granted the phone is a little over a year old, but you still have two major upgrades left and just under 3 years of security updates. If you want a new phone the S20 FE looks like a great phone, but I don't think the updates should be a big consideration.