Hi,
    I'm new to this forum and looking for help.
    I accidentally deleted data from my files on S10E phone last night. All photos and videos from the phone internal memory is lost.
    Is there any way to recover it, preferably for free?

Thank you!
    11-21-2020 08:40 AM
    Hi, welcome to AC!
    You checked in app called My Files ?
    11-21-2020 09:56 AM
    [Moved your question to s10e forums ]
    11-21-2020 09:56 AM
    Hi, welcome to AC!
    You checked in app called My Files ?
    Hi, forgot to mention
    I did not have the recycle bin enabled and I don't have google photos options either
    11-21-2020 10:19 AM
    Hi, forgot to mention
    I did not have the recycle bin enabled and I don't have google photos options either
    Slim chance of getting them back
    Always have a back up , I use smart switch on pc ,Google photos/drive , and SD card for backups
    11-21-2020 11:12 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Can you tell us exactly how you deleted the files? Are you saying you deleted the folder called /DCIM/Camera?

Use My Files or any other file manager app to explore the phone's folder structure, looking specifically for /DCIM/Camera. Anything in there?
    11-21-2020 02:06 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Can you tell us exactly how you deleted the files? Are you saying you deleted the folder called /DCIM/Camera?

Use My Files or any other file manager app to explore the phone's folder structure, looking specifically for /DCIM/Camera. Anything in there?
    Thanks for your reply.

I went into My files > internal storage > selected all file options and pressed delete.

I have lost all photos, videos, etc in the phone memory.

I previously did not have the recycle bin enabled in the my files sections, so have been unable to recover anything from that area.

I tried a variety of software yesterday to see if any of them are able to recover the deleted files and had any of them recovered any photos, I was going to upgrade, pay for it and get them recovered but none of the software worked
    11-22-2020 01:31 PM
    You'd have to root the phone to recover files, and some of them are probably already gone due to being overwritten. See this guide: [Guide] Recovering Deleted Files - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    11-22-2020 01:43 PM
    You'd have to root the phone to recover files, and some of them are probably already gone due to being overwritten. See this guide: [Guide] Recovering Deleted Files - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    Thanks again.
    Is it safe/ ok to root the phone?
    I'm a layman when it comes to this level of phone knowledge and therefore not sure of the consequences ...
    11-22-2020 01:51 PM
    The main risk with rooting is the possibility of bricking your phone if you do it incorrectly, or if you install the wrong firmware. Some people also like to delete bloatware or system apps that they don't think are necessary, only to find that they actually are necessary.
    11-22-2020 07:48 PM
    The process to root will erase any data so that's not going help .
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-22-2020 08:11 PM
    If you use Magisk to root, and don't flash the new boot file, just boot with it, it's a temporary root. But even if you root it "permanently" (you can always flash the unrooted boot file to remove root) Magisk won't harm anything. Just read this thread on XDA to see how it's done.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    11-23-2020 01:37 PM
    If you use Magisk to root, and don't flash the new boot file, just boot with it, it's a temporary root. But even if you root it "permanently" (you can always flash the unrooted boot file to remove root) Magisk won't harm anything. Just read this thread on XDA to see how it's done.
    That's if it's international version , if US going be harder if it's available.
    11-23-2020 02:00 PM
    Magisk is just modify the boot image and boot with the modified image, US or international or any other make. It's the same on all Android phones. (How you boot the image differs.)
    11-23-2020 02:04 PM
    You don't need root to flash a custom recovery, you need an unlocked bootloader. Unlocking the bootloader allows you to flash a custom recovery which allows you to flash a new boot or system image. Rooting gives access to the system files. Really wish people would learn the difference between the two.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    11-24-2020 10:36 AM
    You don't need root to flash a custom recovery, you need an unlocked bootloader. Unlocking the bootloader allows you to flash a custom recovery which allows you to flash a new boot or system image. Rooting gives access to the system files. Really wish people would learn the difference between the two.
    You are correct
    11-24-2020 10:53 AM