Why are my apps not updating or downloading?

Starlifter

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
I have an galaxy S10e on Verizon. About a week ago the notifications started going wonky (getting the same notification for a tweet 4 times over a two day period after I already read it and cleared the notification, getting day old email notifications from both yahoo mail and an outlook account, etc.).

Now apps either will hang while attempting to update and new ones will hang while downloading and never install. They will get to some percentage of download and then sit there for hours and never finish downloading. This happens on both wifi (multiple networks tried) or cellular.

I've rebooted, cleared the cache partition, cleared the cache of google play services and google play store, forced stopped google play store and re-launched, all without success.

I'm at my wits end on this.

I'm running android 10.0 kernel version 4.14.117 with a security patch level of December 1, 2020.

Any help would be appreciated!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, welcome to AC!

Have you tried safe mode? Also network reset in settings>general management>reset>reset network

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the S10e forum since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.

Have you also tried clearing the cache/data for Download Manager? To find it, go to Settings>Apps​, then tap Menu>Show System.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11