My Samsung Galaxy s10e has blue download screen

Feb 1, 2021
Visit site
During the night my phone was updating and has since gone to the Downloading screen. I've tried a number of reboot methods but none are working.

At the top left it says

*** mode (avb fail)
recovery: hash of data does not match digest in descriptor (2nd) (3)
calculated hash of (recovery)b0e6c45049 (vemeth) 87c43dda56
custom recovery
vbmeta 6970FXXU9EUA4 376F3734R

And then below that the Downloading Do not turn off target screen.

What can i do to fix this problem please?

TIA

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What happens if you press and hold Power and Vol Down for about 15 seconds to force a shutdown, and then power on again normally?

Feb 1, 2021
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What happens if you press and hold Power and Vol Down for about 15 seconds to force a shutdown, and then power on again normally?

Hi. It now restarts with the message "An error has occured while updating the software. Use the Emergency recovery function in Smart Switch PC software"

It doesn't do anything else now.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Then it sounds like the firmware is corrupt. Try Smart Switch. Unfortunately, any data on the phone that wasn't backed up or synced is probably lost.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
During the night my phone was updating and has since gone to the Downloading screen. I've tried a number of reboot methods but none are working.

At the top left it says

*** mode (avb fail)
recovery: hash of data does not match digest in descriptor (2nd) (3)
calculated hash of (recovery)b0e6c45049 (vemeth) 87c43dda56
custom recovery
vbmeta 6970FXXU9EUA4 376F3734R

And then below that the Downloading Do not turn off target screen.

What can i do to fix this problem please?

TIA
I just seen your other thread
Your going have to flash through odin again and use the correct firmware as there many that are similar for international version

Feb 1, 2021
Visit site
Hi, so i've flashed it through odin and the problem has remained the same. The firmware download was the correct one.

I've also factory reset and restored it. Now it's been restored Google play doesn't work. No downloading or updating.

All of this has been since a software download on Sunday.

Any thoughts? Thanks

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, so i've flashed it through odin and the problem has remained the same. The firmware download was the correct one.

I've also factory reset and restored it. Now it's been restored Google play doesn't work. No downloading or updating.

All of this has been since a software download on Sunday.

Any thoughts? Thanks
Hi, can you explain the process you did in flashing through odin , did you put the firmware in the 4 corresponding slots in Odin? Where did you get the firmware?

Feb 1, 2021
Visit site
So i got the firmware through sammobile. If found the right firmware for my model number of phone and country and carrier. I filled all 4, though for the 4th i used the home one which keeps my data. The problem was still there so i backed it up and factory reset it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So i got the firmware through sammobile. If found the right firmware for my model number of phone and country and carrier. I filled all 4, though for the 4th i used the home one which keeps my data. The problem was still there so i backed it up and factory reset it.
Try flash again without using home csc , use the regular csc so it can automatically factory reset

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Download Frija tool the latest from xda forums , and then extract it and put your model number and country csc and download to computer

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia