3 chime notification is driving me crazy...trying to find out what it is, please help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You mean Chrome, or do you mean you use the Google app to do a search, and then open the result directly in the Google search app's browser?

3chimez

Sep 22, 2021
Visit site
oops
Sorry, didn't mean to repost.

Still happening. I just know/hope someone who experienced this and fixed it will cross my path one day.
it even happens when the phone is on silent. Well, when I have the volume all the way down. I can't say for sure that it happens when I mute the phone in settings. But, the chiming is always loud.
I know Y'all aren't actively delving into this. I was just checking in.
However, back to my virus question. Is that possible? is there some software that can monitor all activities on the phone, not just notifications? sometimes I wonder if I am getting the android equivalent of being "Rick Rolled" Admittedly, i thought that was funny back in the day. but it didn't happen as often as this.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I deleted your accidental duplicate post.

I think a virus is highly unlikely. It would also be fairly useless behavior of a virus -- it wouldn't make sense for someone who's trying to do something malicious to alert you to the fact that something is being malicious. If it helps to give you any comfort, you can try running Malwarebytes, and also make sure Google Play Protect is on (in your Settings>Security menu).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you go to the General Settings, you can also change the Default Thread Subscription Mode to Do Not Subscribe, so that future threads you create won't be automatically subscribed to.

Richard Wilson7

Jul 12, 2022
Visit site
Did you ever get it fixed?
My wife's dies the same thing
New phone and it happened again
She is on Verizon
Not. NFC
We haven't found the Chime sound in her library.
Any input desired. I will repost the question later this week.
TY

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
She is on Verizon
Not. NFC
TY

Welcome to Android Central! A lot of times, it seems to be due to some app that's related to an NBC station (like a local weather app). Does she have anything like that installed?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
She is on Verizon
Not. NFC
TY
Try some of the things mentioned here

Richard Wilson7

Jul 12, 2022
Visit site
Seriously, how can there not be a found solution to this? I have looked everywhere I can think. For that last 3 weeks I had not heard it but the last 24 hours it has gone off 3 times. It make me want to throw my phone across the room. Of course that mean they win. So I won't. Other than all the suggestions before, rendering your phone uesless by turning off all your apps for extended periods, and using notification logging apps that don't do anything, is there anything anyone has found? It must be external, as the 3 chime notification sound is not saved into the phone, best I can tell.

It was the earned app on my wife's phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance