Anyone interested in the S10e for size alone?

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I have a iPhone X because it seemed to be the best compromise for a smaller phone. Tried the Pixel 2 and in use, it didn't work for me.

The S10e is smaller than both and considering that the compromises between it and the bigger S10s aren't much, I'm interested in it.

How about you?

ab2c4

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I am not in the market for a new phone this year since I got a phone last year but if I was and was looking at Samsung I would go with the S10e. Not because of the size, but because it has almost as good of specs as the top end models AND has a flat screen.

I'm done with curved edge displays.

callihan_44

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I might be, ive had large phones in the past but right now using an iphone 8. I need something slightly bigger so I will be comparing the two smaller versions then deciding

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I might be, ive had large phones in the past but right now using an iphone 8. I need something slightly bigger so I will be comparing the two smaller versions then deciding

I think that's a good plan, I wish you good luck with your decision.

I miss the size of the 8 but the size of the X I have annoys me at times.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I am not in the market for a new phone this year since I got a phone last year but if I was and was looking at Samsung I would go with the S10e. Not because of the size, but because it has almost as good of specs as the top end models AND has a flat screen.

Same, me too on curved edges! You're so right about the specs combined with the screen. It's such a rarity now.

h2ofun

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
I have a note 8. I have zero interest in another curved phone! But, I do want the larger size. So, hope the note 10 will offer a high end phone with flat screen. If so, I update, if not, ....

chshrkt

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site

I am right there with you.
I was contemplating replacing my S6 with an S9 once the prices dropped, but now I am seriously considering the S10e since I really dislike the curved screen on my wife's Note9.

nate0

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Kind of a shame for me. Had they released an S9e last year I would have absolutely bought it.
Samsung safely released the S10e this year. Who knows, maybe they saw the dip in sales and felt it was time to bring it now. Or maybe consumers spoke up. We do see the abscence of an iPhone SE-like device currently though .

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Samsung safely released the S10e this year. Who knows, maybe they saw the dip in sales and felt it was time to bring it now. Or maybe consumers spoke up. We do see the abscence of an iPhone SE-like device currently though .

I think you could be right on both counts. If we think about it, it is interesting that Apple stopped selling the SE last September and released the Xr in October and how that has been. It gave it room for the S10e to slide in since Apple clearly doesn't care about this size anymore.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I was in the process of pre ordering this phone and figured out it only came with 6 gigs of ram. But I mainly wanted the flat screen so you can have a decent screen protector. I'm so tired of my s9 with the curved screen and the finger prints because the coating has worn off.

But now I've decided to just wait till I can hold it in my hand and try out the camera for myself. If the shutter speed isn't real close to my pixel 3 I'll just wait.
Shutter speed and no screen protection is the main reason I'm using my pixel instead of my s9 .

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I go back and forth on size. 5.8 is not small, yet it is when compared to 6+ phones out there. But when I go small, I wish I went big and vice versa. The lack of in screen fingerprint scanner and lesser camera are definite drawbacks though IMO.

uw

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I just pre-ordered the S10e from Bestbuy. They have the demo units of the three models to try out and the S10e felt the most comfortable in hand. Others were also great, but I've been looking for a smaller phone and S10e looks/feels really good. To be honest, the actual difference in size between the S10e and the S10 isn't that big, but those millimeters do make a difference in the hand. Also I wanted a flat screen so the S10e won out. I wasn't looking to upgrade, but since they are offering $550 for my LG V35 for a trade in, getting the base S10e felt like a no brainer (although I do love my V35). I guess my only concern would be the battery life (my V35 had a great battery life), but since the display is more like a 1080p display, maybe it'll be good.

And finally, the hole punch does look better than any notch/tear drop design. I would've prefer a bigger bezel, but I'll take this compromise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay