Anyone interested in the S10e for size alone?

Vega007

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
Interesting. I remember going to check out the Pixel 3's at the store and compared it to my iPhone X and left unimpressed. So yeah, I guess this could happen as well with the S10e so I will have to go check it out at some point.

callihan_44

May 2, 2014
Visit site
here is a bit of info for those on the fence like me(s10 vs s10e), I saw a vid of the the reg s10 vs a reg s9 and the s10 is slightly taller than the s9...the s9 is right at my limit so Im trying to decide if I wanna give up the through the display fingerprint reader

Vega007

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
here is a bit of info for those on the fence like me(s10 vs s10e), I saw a vid of the the reg s10 vs a reg s9 and the s10 is slightly taller than the s9...the s9 is right at my limit so Im trying to decide if I wanna give up the through the display fingerprint reader

The fence I am on is either S10e or nothing at all lol. I have zero interest in the curved glass edges of the s10 and s10 plus.

Armeniandave

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
The fence I am on is either S10e or nothing at all lol. I have zero interest in the curved glass edges of the s10 and s10 plus.

I'm in the same boat. I went away from Samsung because of the curved screen. I disliked it on my S7 and S8 otherwise I loved the phones. The S10e is the first Samsung in awhile that I really like. I'm also getting sick of big phones so the S10e is the perfect size.

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I was in the process of pre ordering this phone and figured out it only came with 6 gigs of ram. But I mainly wanted the flat screen so you can have a decent screen protector. I'm so tired of my s9 with the curved screen and the finger prints because the coating has worn off.

But now I've decided to just wait till I can hold it in my hand and try out the camera for myself. If the shutter speed isn't real close to my pixel 3 I'll just wait.
Shutter speed and no screen protection is the main reason I'm using my pixel instead of my s9 .

The 256GB version comes with 8GB of ram by the way.

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Not according to the chat session I had with Samsung via they're website.
But that being said I'm gonna check one more time LOL

Verizon says that the 256GB has 8GB of ram and the same under specs for the 256 on att website.

Last edited:

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I ordered the 256GB Prism White direct from Samsung since my tradein netted me $550 off. With tax came out to $304.27. Was using an iPhone XS as my main with a Razer Phone 2 as my backup and Moto X4 as the backup backup. Now fully coming back over to Android. Wife is confiscating the iPhone so no coming back to fruit land. LOL 🤣

spiff_p239

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Not for size alone but also for the flat screen. I tried using the Galaxy S8 when it came out but it just didn’t work for me. My iPhone 8 is about the perfect size for me but the 10e isn’t much larger but still offers a much bigger screen.

DJCBS

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I got it today.

The hardware is great, same size of the S7. The screen is still too big for my taste which is why I immediately activated the software bezel that covers the hole.
That decreases the size of the screen which, alongside the fingerprint scanner still being able to pull down the notification tray, makes it even more comfortable to handle.

Unfortunately the software went to sh*t. Samsung followed Google's dumb idea of blocking Substratum on the S10 line and, as such, I haven't switched from the S7 to it.

And I will not be switching anytime soon. In fact, I'm considering returning the phone...since the only other option would be to root the phone.

I'm simply not willing to go back to being blinded by crap app designs like Instagram's or WhatsApp's awful white UIs.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I got it today.

The hardware is great, same size of the S7. The screen is still too big for my taste which is why I immediately activated the software bezel that covers the hole.
That decreases the size of the screen which, alongside the fingerprint scanner still being able to pull down the notification tray, makes it even more comfortable to handle.

Unfortunately the software went to sh*t. Samsung followed Google's dumb idea of blocking Substratum on the S10 line and, as such, I haven't switched from the S7 to it.

And I will not be switching anytime soon. In fact, I'm considering returning the phone...since the only other option would be to root the phone.

I'm simply not willing to go back to being blinded by crap app designs like Instagram's or WhatsApp's awful white UIs.

Glad to hear that th hardware is great - it looked top-notch in photos - but I'm sorry to hear that you're going to be returning the phone! Let us know what happens!

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Samsung safely released the S10e this year. Who knows, maybe they saw the dip in sales and felt it was time to bring it now. Or maybe consumers spoke up. We do see the abscence of an iPhone SE-like device currently though .

Samsung released the 10e to rival the XR, that's the main reason why. Another reason is because they raised the price of the Galaxy s lines. The plus starts at a $1000 and the regular at $899 so they needed something more affordable. Has little to do with sales from last year

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I got it today.

The entire software experience went to **** because of one feature?

Okay...

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Samsung released the 10e to rival the XR, that's the main reason why. Another reason is because they raised the price of the Galaxy s lines. The plus starts at a $1000 and the regular at $899 so they needed something more affordable. Has little to do with sales from last year

It's nice that the S10e is a "middle man" device between those two expensive ones!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund