06-20-2019 06:42 PM
101 123 ...
tools
    I have a iPhone X because it seemed to be the best compromise for a smaller phone. Tried the Pixel 2 and in use, it didn't work for me.

The S10e is smaller than both and considering that the compromises between it and the bigger S10s aren't much, I'm interested in it.

How about you?
    02-20-2019 02:37 PM
    I am not in the market for a new phone this year since I got a phone last year but if I was and was looking at Samsung I would go with the S10e. Not because of the size, but because it has almost as good of specs as the top end models AND has a flat screen.

I'm done with curved edge displays.
    libra89, Tim1954, chshrkt and 3 others like this.
    02-20-2019 03:05 PM
    I might be, ive had large phones in the past but right now using an iphone 8. I need something slightly bigger so I will be comparing the two smaller versions then deciding
    libra89 likes this.
    02-20-2019 03:35 PM
    I might be, ive had large phones in the past but right now using an iphone 8. I need something slightly bigger so I will be comparing the two smaller versions then deciding
    I think that's a good plan, I wish you good luck with your decision.

I miss the size of the 8 but the size of the X I have annoys me at times.
    02-20-2019 05:19 PM
    I am not in the market for a new phone this year since I got a phone last year but if I was and was looking at Samsung I would go with the S10e. Not because of the size, but because it has almost as good of specs as the top end models AND has a flat screen.

Same, me too on curved edges! You're so right about the specs combined with the screen. It's such a rarity now.
    02-20-2019 05:21 PM
    Almost. The flat screen and smaller size are very tempting.
    libra89 likes this.
    02-20-2019 05:42 PM
    I have a note 8. I have zero interest in another curved phone! But, I do want the larger size. So, hope the note 10 will offer a high end phone with flat screen. If so, I update, if not, ....
    02-20-2019 06:02 PM

I am right there with you.
    I was contemplating replacing my S6 with an S9 once the prices dropped, but now I am seriously considering the S10e since I really dislike the curved screen on my wife's Note9.
    libra89 likes this.
    02-20-2019 07:02 PM
    I was very impressed with this model. When the ink dries I believe this will be the best choice for most consumers.
    libra89 and Eggmundo like this.
    02-20-2019 07:16 PM
    For a while there it seemed makers forgot we people come in all shapes and sizes...
    libra89 likes this.
    02-20-2019 08:02 PM
    Kind of a shame for me. Had they released an S9e last year I would have absolutely bought it.
    libra89 likes this.
    02-20-2019 08:20 PM
    Kind of a shame for me. Had they released an S9e last year I would have absolutely bought it.
    Samsung safely released the S10e this year. Who knows, maybe they saw the dip in sales and felt it was time to bring it now. Or maybe consumers spoke up. We do see the abscence of an iPhone SE-like device currently though .
    libra89 likes this.
    02-20-2019 08:25 PM
    Samsung safely released the S10e this year. Who knows, maybe they saw the dip in sales and felt it was time to bring it now. Or maybe consumers spoke up. We do see the abscence of an iPhone SE-like device currently though .
    I think you could be right on both counts. If we think about it, it is interesting that Apple stopped selling the SE last September and released the Xr in October and how that has been. It gave it room for the S10e to slide in since Apple clearly doesn't care about this size anymore.
    02-20-2019 09:02 PM
    You and me both, but change almost to probably lol.
    02-20-2019 09:02 PM
    I was in the process of pre ordering this phone and figured out it only came with 6 gigs of ram. But I mainly wanted the flat screen so you can have a decent screen protector. I'm so tired of my s9 with the curved screen and the finger prints because the coating has worn off.

But now I've decided to just wait till I can hold it in my hand and try out the camera for myself. If the shutter speed isn't real close to my pixel 3 I'll just wait.
    Shutter speed and no screen protection is the main reason I'm using my pixel instead of my s9 .
    libra89 likes this.
    02-20-2019 11:24 PM
    The description on Verizon's website says the 10e has a pre-applied screen protector right out of the box.
    libra89 likes this.
    02-21-2019 07:39 AM
    I go back and forth on size. 5.8 is not small, yet it is when compared to 6+ phones out there. But when I go small, I wish I went big and vice versa. The lack of in screen fingerprint scanner and lesser camera are definite drawbacks though IMO.
    02-21-2019 11:27 AM
    A 5.8 16/9 ratio phone is big enough for me but not 19/9
    02-21-2019 12:36 PM
    I just pre-ordered the S10e from Bestbuy. They have the demo units of the three models to try out and the S10e felt the most comfortable in hand. Others were also great, but I've been looking for a smaller phone and S10e looks/feels really good. To be honest, the actual difference in size between the S10e and the S10 isn't that big, but those millimeters do make a difference in the hand. Also I wanted a flat screen so the S10e won out. I wasn't looking to upgrade, but since they are offering $550 for my LG V35 for a trade in, getting the base S10e felt like a no brainer (although I do love my V35). I guess my only concern would be the battery life (my V35 had a great battery life), but since the display is more like a 1080p display, maybe it'll be good.

And finally, the hole punch does look better than any notch/tear drop design. I would've prefer a bigger bezel, but I'll take this compromise.
    libra89 likes this.
    02-21-2019 04:44 PM
    The lack of in screen fingerprint scanner and lesser camera are definite drawbacks though IMO.
    A side mounted reader is not that bad and in most cases is more convenient or better. At least they moved it...
    libra89 likes this.
    02-21-2019 06:07 PM
    I just pre-ordered the S10e from Bestbuy. They have the demo units of the three models to try out and the S10e felt the most comfortable in hand. Others were also great, but I've been looking for a smaller phone and S10e looks/feels really good. To be honest, the actual difference in size between the S10e and the S10 isn't that big, but those millimeters do make a difference in the hand. Also I wanted a flat screen so the S10e won out. I wasn't looking to upgrade, but since they are offering $550 for my LG V35 for a trade in, getting the base S10e felt like a no brainer (although I do love my V35). I guess my only concern would be the battery life (my V35 had a great battery life), but since the display is more like a 1080p display, maybe it'll be good.

And finally, the hole punch does look better than any notch/tear drop design. I would've prefer a bigger bezel, but I'll take this compromise.
    Nice.

For me I read a lot on my phone, most than an average person I would say. Lots and lots of email. So screen size becomes an issue at times depending on what the app or OS can do with what it is putting on the screen. You can only upscale text and apps so much before stuff gets off set some where else...I am glad they made the S10 screen bigger and kept its overall footprint around the size of the S9.
    02-21-2019 06:10 PM
    5.8" is still pretty big to me, but I'd say I'd be more willing to buy the S10e than any other phones in the 10 line.
    libra89 and DJCBS like this.
    02-21-2019 06:16 PM

Nice deal! Congrats! I'll be looking forward to hearing more from you. Also thank you for the heads up about the demo units. I'll have to check it out.

Flat screens for the win!
    mary beth hale and Vega007 like this.
    02-21-2019 07:10 PM
    This phone really has my attention. Can't wait to hear some feedback about it.
    02-21-2019 09:41 PM
    This phone really has my attention. Can't wait to hear some feedback about it.
    I also like the bright yellow colour displayed on GSM Arena!
    libra89 and mary beth hale like this.
    02-22-2019 05:47 AM
101 123 ...