Share your S10e first impressions

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Please share and let us know what you think. Some of us are waiting on ours so share hope, disappointment, or just indifference (ha).

Lefty724

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Got mine yesterday and set it all up last night. Great little phone with rocket speed!

FP sensor is a lot better than I was thinking it was gonna be. Perfect size, dual speakers, awesome screen and great call quality.

It also seems to handle group text messages better than o remember my past Androids?

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Played with it at a shop today. Loved the size and screen quality. Couldn't really see any difference from the QHD S10 next to it.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I've almost got mine set up the way I won't it so far I'm liking it .
The camera seems pretty nice not as fast as my pixel camera but close .
Signal for wifi and lte is really good.
I'm really enjoying the screen . It's for sure better than the pixel .
Hole punch is barely noticeable to me .no real complaints so far

robinhelenehebert

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I've almost got mine set up the way I won't it so far I'm liking it .
The camera seems pretty nice not as fast as my pixel camera but close .
Signal for wifi and lte is really good.
I'm really enjoying the screen . It's for sure better than the pixel .
Hole punch is barely noticeable to me .no real complaints so far

Is the picture quality as good as pixel?

dgcamero

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm quite pleased with mine (256 unlocked running on Verizon). It's wicked fast and it is the first phone I've used since my palm Centro that runs cool. The battery is good so far. It's not as comfortable in the hand as my GS7, it's definitely more square on the back. I do not like the on screen buttons. They turn white entirely too often. Still getting the hang of the fingerprint sensor. I can't figure out how to make the edge lighting show notifications...still it's a great phone!

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
I'm quite pleased with mine (256 unlocked running on Verizon). It's wicked fast and it is the first phone I've used since my palm Centro that runs cool. The battery is good so far. It's not as comfortable in the hand as my GS7, it's definitely more square on the back. I do not like the on screen buttons. They turn white entirely too often. Still getting the hang of the fingerprint sensor. I can't figure out how to make the edge lighting show notifications...still it's a great phone!
On screen buttons turn white? Huh? What buttons?

dgcamero

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
On screen buttons turn white? Huh? What buttons?

The bar around the navigation buttons at the bottom of the screen (the 3 bars, squircle, and arrow). I don't care for Samsung's implementation of the buttonless navigation at all, :-( so hopefully I can figure out how to change the bar color to at least be black at night or something.

nitebot

Oct 17, 2017
Visit site
I've noticed that my Spigen Hybrid case seems to make it tricky to reliably press the fingerprint reader. Anyone else having any issues?

Lefty724

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
The bar around the navigation buttons at the bottom of the screen (the 3 bars, squircle, and arrow). I don't care for Samsung's implementation of the buttonless navigation at all, :-( so hopefully I can figure out how to change the bar color to at least be black at night or something.

You can change them to gestures. You still have to swipe up to get to them but using these gestures hides the navigation bar.

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
my Verizon 256GB is just as fast as my Razer Phone 2. some cases make it difficult to use the fingerprint sensor well. Prism white is awesome and live the new ui.

uw

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up the S10e. Originally ordered the prism blue, but after seeing it in person, didn't like it as much. Changed it to black. I'm loving the size. Still setting up the phone, but everything feels smooth and fast. I like the FPS on the side. Still not sure about the hole punch, but at least there are creative wallpapers out there that I can use.

dgcamero

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Can you explain how they are different from Google's.

To go back, you swipe up from where the back button would be if there was a back button. To go home, you swipe up from where the home button would be if there was a home button. To access recent apps, you swipe up from where the recent apps button would be if there was a recent apps button. It's not intuitive at all. Intuitively, we swipe left for back, swipe right for forward, swipe up for app switch, push the bottom center for home.

Lefty724

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm.... Not sure, but I like the gestures a lot!

Same exact buttons, but use gestures by swiping up. Perfect.

henryfool3

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Picked mine up yesterday. Wasn't sure I was going to make the switch from the 9, but once I went into the tmobile store I just decided to go for it. So far I'm diggin it. Some adjustments to be made, gotta get used to the new fingerprint sensor, the placement, and lack of iris recognition. The edge panel is not as easy to slide as the rounded edges version. But overall it's a beaut. And fast as hell. Hoping the battery is better than the 9, between the slight bump in size and the new processor. Tbd.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois