Samsung Updates

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys,

Look like Samsung just push out new update. I'm using unlocked so carriers will follow.

Will keep this thread for future.
865758d11d84e64e13000a8e88850d64.jpg

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

Look like Samsung just push out new update. I'm using unlocked so carriers will follow.

Will keep this thread for future.
865758d11d84e64e13000a8e88850d64.jpg
This is opposite of what the update cycle has been for every other Samsung device. The unlocked variants usually are dead last to get an update. My s9+ unlocked is still on January 1st patch. Rediclious

Allen Brandt

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
on my unlocked phone after the update, using the app Network Cell Info Lite, my phone is showing VoLTE available for the first time and I'm pickup up both LTE bands 2 and 4, where yesterday VoLTE was no and only band 4. This appears to have updated the radios

Allen Brandt

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Connected on LTE band 71 for the first time after the update. So unless T-Mo is updating towers today in real time, the update changed the radios (seemingly for the better)

rolexreviews

Feb 23, 2019
Visit site
Connected on LTE band 71 for the first time after the update. So unless T-Mo is updating towers today in real time, the update changed the radios (seemingly for the better)
If you dont mind can you explain to me how do you know the phone connects to a new band? (or to a band for the first time)

Allen Brandt

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
I've been playing with two apps, LTE Discovery and Network Cell Info Lite, and I turn on the apps for a few minutes at various places I've been over the past two weeks since I've had the device. For example, at home and at work, I've only ever seen LTE band 4 and I've been traveling around NYC and Jersey City this week seeing the same band. Right after the update, I checked again and I immediately see bands 2 and 4, and when I was outside for lunch, band 71 for the first time in places where I've only seen band 4 before.

Not scientific for sure, but there's definitely a difference. Also, using the Network Cell Info app, it shows that VoLTE is active when as of last night (before I updated this morning) it was off; both times being in the same location. LTE Discovery app also has a log which confirms this (just realized that!)

rolexreviews

Feb 23, 2019
Visit site
I've been playing with two apps, LTE Discovery and Network Cell Info Lite, and I turn on the apps for a few minutes at various places I've been over the past two weeks since I've had the device. For example, at home and at work, I've only ever seen LTE band 4 and I've been traveling around NYC and Jersey City this week seeing the same band. Right after the update, I checked again and I immediately see bands 2 and 4, and when I was outside for lunch, band 71 for the first time in places where I've only seen band 4 before.

Not scientific for sure, but there's definitely a difference. Also, using the Network Cell Info app, it shows that VoLTE is active when as of last night (before I updated this morning) it was off; both times being in the same location. LTE Discovery app also has a log which confirms this (just realized that!)
wow that's very informative. Thanks for the response.

I wonder if Verizon users like myself benefitted from the update in terms of bands. Will update if I see any difference in coverage/speed I'll definitely let you guys know

rolexreviews

Feb 23, 2019
Visit site
I think that's the update that just got pulled? something about random buttons not working (power off for example) is your device acting weird in anyway?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22