Photos Thread - post your pictures

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I agree with Morty
Never used Photoshop, well, not since about 1997 ish.
030922a8c8355b82ea64d580e6223f3a.jpg
59ba919694ba8571d15596747294f2f8.jpg

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
In general, however, I think the files from the night mode show a lack of detail. I honestly feel the images from my Note 4 were better - but it was my friend for almost 5 years and I may be prejudiced. I find the "Photo" mode images from the S10e oversharpened. Will hsve to practice more with Pro mode. I've only had the phone for a week!

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Disappointed with inability to choose resolution for images. Was very surprised that this image was only 3.2mb in size. I think the image is lacking detail, almost looking like I used some sort of art filter on it. I'm convinced my Note 4 took better pictures.LR.jpg You can only change resolutions of videos.

Fred98TJ

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Disappointed with inability to choose resolution for images. Was very surprised that this image was only 3.2mb in size. I think the image is lacking detail, almost looking like I used some sort of art filter on it. I'm convinced my Note 4 took better pictures.View attachment 311202 You can only change resolutions of videos.

Would you been kind and post up a couple of Note 4 photos ?

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Here are some pictures from the Note 4:
This one won the Android Central History photos contest:
Android Central History Contest.jpg
And this one shows great detail in the plants:
during downpour.jpg
This was a very difficult lighting situation:
Difficult light.jpg
And this was one of the very first pictures I took with the Note 4 in 2014:
first day 2014.jpg
And with HDR mode:
hdr dining room.jpg

Please note that these are NOT straight out of the camera images. They have been tweaked with Photoshop.

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
CORRECTION! Still learning photo app interface! Exposure compensation IS AVAILABLE in "Photo" mode.

My bad - there was the slider right in front of my face. I am happier now.

What confuses me is the Live Focus options. While trying to adjust them I invariable switch to selfie mode and I'm nowhere near the selfie icon.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
CORRECTION! Still learning photo app interface! Exposure compensation IS AVAILABLE in "Photo" mode.

My bad - there was the slider right in front of my face. I am happier now.

What confuses me is the Live Focus options. While trying to adjust them I invariable switch to selfie mode and I'm nowhere near the selfie icon.
That's good to know that that is available!

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
My bad again....I must have been on the Pro camera mode because I can find NO exposure compensation to adjust for frequently overexposed images when in Photo mode.

If someone wants to call me on this and say you can find exposure compensation in Photo mode I will be delighted to be corrected!

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Coming to grips with the camera interface - it's so different from that in the Note 4.

Why did it take me so long to discover that if I long pressed on something I wanted in focus the camera would adjust both the focus and exposure? And it would also bring up the slider for exposure compensation?

Finding the white balance to be quite excellent as evidenced in this picture whose color matched the ambient light I saw. It was taken with the light from a halogen bulb in a table lamp.Not rotated hopefully.jpg

Attachments

• One Halogen Bulb.jpg
    One Halogen Bulb.jpg
    387.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Coming to grips with the camera interface - it's so different from that in the Note 4.

Why did it take me so long to discover that if I long pressed on something I wanted in focus the camera would adjust both the focus and exposure? And it would also bring up the slider for exposure compensation?

Finding the white balance to be quite excellent as evidenced in this picture whose color matched the ambient light I saw. It was taken with the light from a halogen bulb in a table lamp.View attachment 311570

That is a very detailed picture. Very impressed with the camera. May get an S10e this week! Or an S10. Can't decide. But meaning towards the 10e.

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
It's been a bit of an adjustment moving down in size from the Note 4, but I'm really liking the 10e because of its more compact size.

The Note 4 had become very sluggish and I kept it way longer than I should have because the delays were so frustrating. By contrast the 10e races! I've watched a lot of videos on YouTube on how to optimize it and turned off the animations, which no doubt helped.

Don't know which camera you're using now but I've really had to spend some time with the camera and YouTube finding tips and tricks. The manual is short on details for getting the best out of it.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It's been a bit of an adjustment moving down in size from the Note 4, but I'm really liking the 10e because of its more compact size.

The Note 4 had become very sluggish and I kept it way longer than I should have because the delays were so frustrating. By contrast the 10e races! I've watched a lot of videos on YouTube on how to optimize it and turned off the animations, which no doubt helped.

Don't know which camera you're using now but I've really had to spend some time with the camera and YouTube finding tips and tricks. The manual is short on details for getting the best out of it.
Thank you for your review! I hear it's very fast!

That's the problem - I have a Pixel 2 and the camera is phenomenal. The S10 has a triple camera and the S10e is a missing a lens; though it does seem to take good quality pictures.

I may take home the S10/e for a day or two from my carrier and see how it fares before making a final choice.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for your review! I hear it's very fast!

That's the problem - I have a Pixel 2 and the camera is phenomenal. The S10 has a triple camera and the S10e is a missing a lens; though it does seem to take good quality pictures.

I may take home the S10/e for a day or two from my carrier and see how it fares before making a final choice.
If I'm not mistaken, it's only missing the telephoto lens. You still get the wide-angle. IMO, the wide-angle is the one your want.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken, it's only missing the telephoto lens. You still get the wide-angle. IMO, the wide-angle is the one your want.
That's true - I did hear that from reviewers. Thank you for reminding me of that! The wide-angle lens looks really good in action.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
That's true - I did hear that from reviewers. Thank you for reminding me of that! The wide-angle lens looks really good in action.
I actually used the wide-angle to get our old house rented. Our landlord said they were better than his pictures so he used these.
f7ad7dcdb33c2676e94450f06f5d8d9b.jpg
b474e3d9bc13d086caaab0cd269b5d35.jpg
8b10f6ab5c259fd39d2dfbe32e37fa16.jpg

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I had the 10 and while the phone at it's core was excellent I didn't care for the curved edges and ultrasonic fingerprint sensor. Losing 2GB of ram and a telephoto lens is a bummer but I'm much happier with this design. And a bonus is the E is more compact and easier to use one handed

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
The fingerprint sensor is so fast! You'll really enjoy it. My Speck case cradles my thumb into a perfect positi9n to be read.