Photos Thread - post your pictures

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I had the 10 and while the phone at it's core was excellent I didn't care for the curved edges and ultrasonic fingerprint sensor. Losing 2GB of ram and a telephoto lens is a bummer but I'm much happier with this design. And a bonus is the E is more compact and easier to use one handed

One-handed use is what I'm looking forward to!

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Really nice rendition of a very difficult lighting situation that's always been a problem with photographing my house. If the front is properly exposed the sky is washed out. The hdr in photo mode did a nice job on this. I'm enjoying the camera more and more with this phone since I've come to grips with the different settings which aren't gone into in any great detail in the manual. Helpful instructional videos on YouTube.
House hdr.jpg

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
It was busy up on the Blue Ridge Parkway today which was heavily populated with leaf peepers.
Orig Bernie Car Cute.jpg
Chorkie Bernie came along for the ride.
Blue Ridge Parkway PS.jpg
It was very sunny and bright and the screen was difficult to see, but I saw enough to compose properly.

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Thank you, Morty.

Had fun with the camera yesterday - especially making a little gif of Bernie. It's jumpy because of the car movement and constantly changing light, but still fun to have.Bernie.jpg

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Fleeting Fall Color

Fall color is so fleeting - took this in photo mode, 4:3 aspect. A bit of cropping and perspective correction. As usual I find I have to darken the image because no matter what I see on the screen (and that's dependent upon the brightness I've set in the camera) I find a lot of pictures too bright for my taste. Using a bit of minus exposure compensation increases the contrast and saturation and gives the photos better impact. The sourwood tree leaves might get a bit redder before they fall.
Deck straightened.jpg

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Fleeting Fall Color

Fall color is so fleeting - took this in photo mode, 4:3 aspect. A bit of cropping and perspective correction. As usual I find I have to darken the image because no matter what I see on the screen (and that's dependent upon the brightness I've set in the camera) I find a lot of pictures too bright for my taste. Using a bit of minus exposure compensation increases the contrast and saturation and gives the photos better impact. The sourwood tree leaves might get a bit redder before they fall.
View attachment 312210

Gorgeous! And what fantastic detail!

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
HDR processing really helps in severely contrasty morning sunlight.

I still use that exposure slider (the lightbulb slider that comes up when you long press on an area you want in focus) to lessen the exposure by moving it to the minus side so it doesn't come out overexposed as I find a lot of images d

halloween decorations.jpg

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I just started investigating the photo filters and like the b & w, because it is the most contrasty.

Here is a full sized image from the phone. I only used DxO ViewPoint 3 to correct the perspective of the slightly leaning sides.

from phone bw.jpg

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
It lacks detail and is noisy, but it's fine for web viewing! :) Wonder how the same picture under the same conditions would look if taken by the Pixel 3a. From watching many videos comparing the features of the Samsung 10e and the Pixel 3a the Samsung won, except for the camera...and is a camera what one on which one should base a purchase?

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Glad you like it, Morty. I think low light pictures lose a lot of detail, but they're find and very impressive on the web! I love black and white.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Glad you like it, Morty. I think low light pictures lose a lot of detail, but they're find and very impressive on the web! I love black and white.

Yes, they definitely are impressive! I tried Black and White at home and was happy with the results! My cat is always the subject! Haha.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca