Got an S10e instead of my pre-ordered S10 - First impressions

Super Spartan

Dec 21, 2018
Visit site
No offense, but this thread probably belongs in the S10E section.

oh snap! I didn't even know there's a separate sub-forum for the S10e, no wonder I wasn't seeing many topics about the S10e here. I will report this to a moderator to have it moved.

Thanks

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
oh snap! I didn't even know there's a separate sub-forum for the S10e, no wonder I wasn't seeing many topics about the S10e here. I will report this to a moderator to have it moved.

Thanks

Lol I didn't know as well, thought all the S10 were in the same forum

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
From before only I wanted the S10e but also had the S10+ pre ordered just in case. And since my S10e was going to be delayed for few days and S10+ was available on Friday itself I picked it up and decided to play with it.
Anyway I'll probably still come out on top selling it, after the trade in offer and Galaxy buds. Listed at $880, but will let it go if someone offers $850. Being in Seattle area, generally tech gadgets sell pretty quick here. So I should be able to find a buyer soon.

And the $130 e-certificate pre order certificate was included for S10e pre orders from last Monday (thru work program discount) which made my decision much easier and decided to go for it.

I'm not sure I got to say it but I appreciate you for sharing the thread about this when you did. It was kind of a bummer to consider ordering the s10e without anything until your thread. I hope you enjoy the s10e!

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site

Thanks

Thank you for sharing your impressions! So far, I can totally agree with you about the phone! I'm going to need to give this fingerprint scanner a go. I forgot about the face recognition thing, lol.

Super Spartan

Dec 21, 2018
Visit site
Thank you for sharing your impressions! So far, I can totally agree with you about the phone! I'm going to need to give this fingerprint scanner a go. I forgot about the face recognition thing, lol.

When they said that it doesn't have an iris scanner, I thought it would be slower, it's actually faster now as you don't need to position your eyes properly, just take a glance at it and you're in!

Super Spartan

Dec 21, 2018
Visit site
The S10e is giving me 2 days of battery life easily after having had set all the apps to sleep mode with the exception of Gmail and Whatsapp, rest I want them to run/refresh only when I run them.

To give you an example, when I go for my 1.5 hour cardio session while listening to music that's on my phone on the SD Card, that would drain the battery only 10% in 1.5 hours!

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I like the fingerprint scanner much better than ones I've had before, with the exception of the Note 7. But sometimes it gets finicky.

Super Spartan

Dec 21, 2018
Visit site
I like the fingerprint scanner much better than ones I've had before, with the exception of the Note 7. But sometimes it gets finicky.

Speaking of Fingerprint scanner, I've registered 4 fingers, right thumb, right index, left thumb, left index

For the left fingers, I registered them in the orientation I would be placing my left finger on the phone when it's on the right hand side of my laptop. Now with my left hand, I can just place my index finger or thumb sideways and from the top and boom, I'm in! Works like a charm! I despise those in display fingerprint scanners after having had tried them I was able to get it to work but it was a hit or miss and I know myself with my lack of patience I would've sold the phone in a week. This one is by far the 2nd fingerprint scanner I've ever used. I loved the Galaxy S7's fingerprint scanner which was right on the home screen.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
The S10e is giving me 2 days of battery life easily after having had set all the apps to sleep mode with the exception of Gmail and Whatsapp, rest I want them to run/refresh only when I run them.

To give you an example, when I go for my 1.5 hour cardio session while listening to music that's on my phone on the SD Card, that would drain the battery only 10% in 1.5 hours!

Wow that's impressive!

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Does the screen feel cramped? I know the phone is smallish but does the screen still feel quite large?
It depends on where you are coming from, if your coming from a bigger screen and have any other bigger phone next to it to compare then it feels cramped. Generally, you should get used to the smaller screen after few days.

For me I was coming from bigger screens and also had an iPhone Xr next to it every day and made the S10e screen cramped. So I decided to get the S10, but if you have don't have any other big phones lying around you should get used to the smaller screen in a few days.

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I switched from a Note 8, so it is definitely smaller. Biggest issue is typing. But am loving the size in the hand or pocket

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Biggest issue I would have with the s10e would be the 3100mAh battery. If it was a little bit bigger I would have went with that one instead.

Super Spartan

Dec 21, 2018
Visit site
Biggest issue I would have with the s10e would be the 3100mAh battery. If it was a little bit bigger I would have went with that one instead.

That's the biggest PLUS point on this phone! The battery life is just insane. a 3100mAH battery powering such a small device is perfect! The bigger battery on the larger phones have to power a larger screen so it's the same.

After 48 hours of moderate usage which included 1 hour of phone calls and 1.5 hours of playing music through my AKG earphones and a little bit of Whatsapp and YouTube, I had 36% battery left on the 2nd day!

I put all apps to sleep in the Android Pie battery settings and only left Whatsapp and Gmail always active, the rest of the apps I can access them when I need them as to not have them running in the background in sucking battery.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
That's the biggest PLUS point on this phone! The battery life is just insane. a 3100mAH battery powering such a small device is perfect! The bigger battery on the larger phones have to power a larger screen so it's the same.

After 48 hours of moderate usage which included 1 hour of phone calls and 1.5 hours of playing music through my AKG earphones and a little bit of Whatsapp and YouTube, I had 36% battery left on the 2nd day!

I put all apps to sleep in the Android Pie battery settings and only left Whatsapp and Gmail always active, the rest of the apps I can access them when I need them as to not have them running in the background in sucking battery.
Yeah I still struggle with that as everyone's battery usage is different so idk. I may get both and decide

Zolti

Aug 18, 2017
Visit site
I switched from a Note 8, so it is definitely smaller. Biggest issue is typing. But am loving the size in the hand or pocket
Please keep us posted on how you find the batterylife with the S10e.

I also own a Note 8, just not sure yet if I'm going to switch to the S series.

Thank you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek