Unlocked S10e use with Verizon, FYI

jlp0209

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
HD voice is enabled on the line in my account and you can see it in the screenshot I posted. Yeah, there isn't a toggle for it in my phone settings either. I've made calls to people who have Verizon and At&t and the calls have sure sounded HD to me.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
HD voice is enabled on the line in my account and you can see it in the screenshot I posted. Yeah, there isn't a toggle for it in my phone settings either. I've made calls to people who have Verizon and At&t and the calls have sure sounded HD to me.

Same! In fact, I haven't had a single call that sounded bad and most of my frequents are on T-Mobile. I really do thank you for this thread. I literally switched to Verizon to use this phone, which sounds wild but that was how bad I wanted to use it.

@bhatech , I think we are good regardless of what doesn't appear there. I forgot to say that a Verizon employee set up all of the Verizon feature settings for me (because I switched) and my view is the same as the OP. Even for the WiFi calling as well (they didn't set this part up but I used this thread to, and it works).

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks !!! Yeah not a big deal for me either way. I have been using unlocked phones for ages and never bothered about any of the carrier features. It doesn't change my day to day experience of the phone in any way, just more for knowledge on what all carrier features on Verizon is available on unlocked phones since was new to Verizon.

Thanks for the clarifications both of you

jlp0209

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
Glad to help. I was surprised to see that WiFi calling worked as the only prior unlocked phones supported by VZW have been iPhones and Pixels. Now if Verizon would start to support WiFi calling on OnePlus phones, that would be killer. I don't see this ever happening though!

tgm1024

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
Glad to help. I was surprised to see that WiFi calling worked as the only prior unlocked phones supported by VZW have been iPhones and Pixels. Now if Verizon would start to support WiFi calling on OnePlus phones, that would be killer. I don't see this ever happening though!

Ok, would you mind clarifying (possibly again, sorry)?

Did you get your unlocked phone directly from Samsung, or from Verizon, or from a 3rd party like BB?

I'm considering an S10+, and the gripes about unlocked samsungs not working on verizon go off the charts with only a modicum of google-fu searching.

Thanks!

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site

Did you get your unlocked phone directly from Samsung, or from Verizon, or from a 3rd party like BB?

I'm considering an S10+, and the gripes about unlocked samsungs not working on verizon go off the charts with only a modicum of google-fu searching.

Thanks!

For me, I got mine directly from Samsung. No issues with the S10 series.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Do a little searching and you'll find gripes about the Pixels, even though Verizon sells them. Some users just shouldn't have cellphones. They're not like landlines, just pick the handset up, dial the number and it works. The more the phone can do, the more you have to know what you're doing, or don't do anything but run apps (Phone is an app). People play with settings they don't understand, then complain that their phones don't work. So "1,000 posts that X phone doesn't work on Y carrier" doesn't mean anything. Very few people, like @libra89, post "my phone works".

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Do a little searching and you'll find gripes about the Pixels, even though Verizon sells them. Some users just shouldn't have cellphones. They're not like landlines, just pick the handset up, dial the number and it works. The more the phone can do, the more you have to know what you're doing, or don't do anything but run apps (Phone is an app). People play with settings they don't understand, then complain that their phones don't work. So "1,000 posts that X phone doesn't work on Y carrier" doesn't mean anything. Very few people, like @libra89, post "my phone works".

This is true but in my experience, sometimes carriers can be weird with certain phones.

Before the S10 series, Verizon had some things not work without their phone model. I did my research and saw that everything works as it should, aside from video calling.

With cricket, I have personally dealt with the issue of the Pixel phones not saving apn/MMS settings after a restart.

jlp0209

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site

Thanks!

Bought it at Best Buy, unlocked model. Works perfectly with Verizon.

tgm1024

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
Guys, ........arg. On my Unlocked S10+ (from Samsung) on Verizon, it's not showing "Advanced Calling" either.

I can find "WiFi Calling", and enable it, AND even make sure that the permissions are showing access to "phone" (and not "none"), but still no-go.

With Airplane-Mode on, and WiFi re-enabled, I can dial, but it gives me the "enable Wifi to make a call [OK]" dialog. I press [OK] and it doesn't do anything. I go in and check, and WiFi calling is enabled and has access to phone, like I previously set up.

Any clues? Should I call verizon? Are they gonna give me the "sorry dude" story? :(

tgm1024

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
Ok, further experiments. (Unlocked S10+ from Samsung / on Verizon / trying wifi calling / no luck)

In Phone app, (either from the phone icon, or from Settings -> Apps ->⋮ -> Show system apps....scroll down to the Phone with the settings gear) the option to turn on WiFi calling is grayed out!

tgm1024

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
Ok, further experiments.

In Phone app, (either from the phone icon -> Settings, or from Settings -> Apps ->⋮ -> Show system apps....scroll down to the Phone with the settings gear) the option to turn on WiFi calling is grayed out!

WifiCallingGrayedOut.jpg

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
did you try calling or chatting with Verizon? it might have to be added to your account. even if you had a phone prior to your Samsung and wifi calling worked your still gonna have to call and get it added I believe..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae