Screen protector

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'd get tempered glass. NOW if you had an S10 or S10 Plus then I'd recommend plastic, because the in display finger print sensor does not like glass.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
^^This^^

For a flat screened device tempered glass is nice. Giving you the glass feel, clarity, and protection.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I would need to double check about the lifetime part . But I do know my girlfriend is on her 3 one for her note 9 and so far best buy has been great about just handing her another one or installing it for her no charge .
I've have good luck with best buy on a whole.

Allen Brandt

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Please don't push this amFilm screen protector. It has no cutout for the camera and it's slightly smaller than the screen, so it cuts off the edges. There are better options available

OakIris

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I am looking for recommendations for a good tempered glass screen protector, too.

I currently have the BodyGuardz Pure 2 protector on mine. It was easy to install, appears to give good protection, and it is certainly case friendly, but...it doesn't fit edge to edge over the phone's display! About a 16th of an inch (not scientifically measured) of the display shows around the left and right edges of the protector and it is very annoying! This was not a cheap protector, either. I was very tempted to get the even more expensive Whitestone Dome Glass protector, but read end user reviews that say it doesn't fit edge to edge, either. Disappointing!

Last edited:

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Please don't push this amFilm screen protector. It has no cutout for the camera and it's slightly smaller than the screen, so it cuts off the edges. There are better options available

Are there better options with a fitting tray, though?

How much smaller than the screen is it? I suspect it's designed like that on purpose to allow it to be used with cases (bezel-less phones are great...).

I can see how the lack of a cutout for the front camera would be bad for some people, but honestly to me it's a good thing.

OakIris

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I can see how the lack of a cutout for the front camera would be bad for some people, but honestly to me it's a good thing.

I think it is a good thing, too. I like having the camera lens protected by the screen protector. That is one of the reasons I decided on buying the BodyGuardz protector. To my (untutored) eye, having the glass over the camera lens area does not affect the quality of the picture/photo that the front camera is capable of taking. If only the Pure 2 fit the rest of the display the way I want it to fit....

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21