I bought a Samsung S10e only 15 days ago and the data usage for the month shows over 5 times what my carrier is showing. (Bell is showing 1.84GB and phone is showing 9.7GB)
    I use wifi at home and my usage is no different from when i had my previous phones.

This is an extreme amount of data and when i check apps that are running (i've turned off the ability to DL data in background for most of them) it shows that the Play Store is at 20GB.

How is the phone counting data? Even if play store really did download that much, it's not showing up on Bell's data usage. Is the phone counting wifi as mobile data? How do i correct this?
    04-17-2019 12:14 PM
    That depends on what you';re looking at - Play's data usage, or the mobile data usage. (Apps count downloads as downloads, they don't care where the internet connection is coming from.)
    04-17-2019 05:02 PM
    That depends on what you';re looking at - Play's data usage, or the mobile data usage. (Apps count downloads as downloads, they don't care where the internet connection is coming from.)
    well, in playstore's settings it says i've used 20GB of mobile data. and on Samsung's data usage page, it says i've used 9.6GB.

but my provider says i've only used ~2GB.
    i'm not so much worried about the 20GB to 9.6GB discrepancy, but i am concerned about Samsung's mobile data count of 9.6GB when my provider says 1.8GB

9.6 to 1.8 is a major difference.
    Yesterday 12:15 PM
    i do not seem to be able to insert images
    Yesterday 12:16 PM
    well, in playstore's settings it says i've used 20GB of mobile data. and on Samsung's data usage page, it says i've used 9.6GB.

but my provider says i've only used ~2GB.
    i'm not so much worried about the 20GB to 9.6GB discrepancy, but i am concerned about Samsung's mobile data count of 9.6GB when my provider says 1.8GB

9.6 to 1.8 is a major difference.
    You have to see if those stats are saying for 1 month or 1 week time frame that's why maybe you getting different usage.
    Yesterday 12:57 PM
    The phone's data capture is set to the billing cycle dates. I've also only had it for 2 weeks and i only got it 5 days before my billing cycle started.

The 9.6GB should match the 1.8GB my provider says but it seems like the phone doesn't know if it's on wifi or not. When i'm at home on wifi then i get messages like, "you're using a lot of data right now".
    so i check everything and i'm not using any. I check my provider the next day and it hasn't gone up at all.
    Yesterday 02:16 PM