Why does my phone home screen wallpaper reset after changing it?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a galaxy s7, used smart switch to transfer the data into my new s10e with wi-fi and everything has been transferred but when changing the wallpaper from pictures in the Gallery, it just resets to to the one I had on the previous phone. The lock screen's change stays changed but not the home screen. It would usually reset after a few hours of leaving the phone asleep. Is there something wrong with my phone?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have a galaxy s7, used smart switch to transfer the data into my new s10e with wi-fi and everything has been transferred but when changing the wallpaper from pictures in the Gallery, it just resets to to the one I had on the previous phone. The lock screen's change stays changed but not the home screen. It would usually reset after a few hours of leaving the phone asleep. Is there something wrong with my phone?
Something definitely dont seem right, try to set another picture from gallery and see if it will stay on your home screen.

powermiant

Apr 25, 2019
Visit site
Something definitely dont seem right, try to set another picture from gallery and see if it will stay on your home screen.

I've set another image from the gallery as a wallpaper for the lock and home screen and once again, the lock screen keeps the change but not the home screen.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Depending on the wallpaper, the developer may not have updated their app. Check in the Puchased Items when you launch the wallpaper for your disappearing wallpaper. You may try to delete it then re-download it as a solution.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Try Wallpaper Wizardrii and set something as wallpaper - it doesn't matter what, just any picture, just to see if it stays (something is wrong with the other wallpaper) or changes back (something is wrong with the S10e's firmware).

powermiant

Apr 25, 2019
Visit site
Try Wallpaper Wizardrii and set something as wallpaper - it doesn't matter what, just any picture, just to see if it stays (something is wrong with the other wallpaper) or changes back (something is wrong with the S10e's firmware).

There is no Wallpaper Wizadrii in the google play store

what are the carrier, model number, and software build number from the settings > about phone > software information?

Carrier: T-Mobile, Model Number: SM-G970F, and Build Number: PPR1.180610.011.G970FXXU1ASD5