Great battery life......NOW

wilsodw

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
After about 3 weeks of use and just a little tweeking, I can honestly say I am pleased with this 3rd option from samsung. Probably not alot of S10e folks but I am one of them and yes I have the big boys too. And I continue to use it as my Daily Driver. What a package for folks that needed a compact phone with a flat screen.

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
After about 3 weeks of use and just a little tweeking, I can honestly say I am pleased with this 3rd option from samsung. Probably not alot of S10e folks but I am one of them and yes I have the big boys too. And I continue to use it as my Daily Driver. What a package for folks that needed a compact phone with a flat screen.
You're probably on the Snapdragon one.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
So glad you're liking it! It takes a while for the battery to adjust to your specific user patterns - it's good that you stuck with it and tweaked things around!

I gotta say, in actually considering the S10e. I want the P30 but the S10e has a flat screen and is IP 68 certified, and is less money...

How are you liking the side fingerprint scanner? I think it's so innovative. I think Nokia has done it before though.

wilsodw

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
Tried it, used it for a couple of days and it was flawless. However my norm is no security and a case that controls on/off.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

I've found that the "GREENIFY" app really does help with conserving battery life. I used it on my galaxy s7 edge, and now on my LG V30. I'm never with less than 50-60% at bedtime. I was going for the S10e, but heard terrible things about battery life.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've found that the "GREENIFY" app really does help with conserving battery life. I used it on my galaxy s7 edge, and now on my LG V30. I'm never with less than 50-60% at bedtime. I was going for the S10e, but heard terrible things about battery life.

I heard that the battery would get you through the day. If you're a regular user, you have nothing to worry about. The reviewer mentioned it wasn't as good compared to the S10 and S10+ - but that it still had pretty good battery life overall.

mcdonsco

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Just got it today, loving it so far, we'll see how it does for battery life. But, even though I prefer great battery life, I technically don't really need it as its always plugged in in the car.

So far though first day and 2 hrs 22 min SOT at 48% left. Started at about 60% out of the box, topped off once to 80%...so...will have to see tomorrow.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Just got it today, loving it so far, we'll see how it does for battery life. But, even though I prefer great battery life, I technically don't really need it as its always plugged in in the car.

So far though first day and 2 hrs 22 min SOT at 48% left. Started at about 60% out of the box, topped off once to 80%...so...will have to see tomorrow.

So glad you are liking it so far! Yes, please keep us posted!

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
With my US (Snapdragon) version, I was getting just over a day of light to moderate use from my phone -- and gaming and navigation would use a lot of battery. After about the first two weeks, battery life has actually improved quite a bit. I'm getting more like two days of light to moderate use from the phone.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
With my US (Snapdragon) version, I was getting just over a day of light to moderate use from my phone -- and gaming and navigation would use a lot of battery. After about the first two weeks, battery life has actually improved quite a bit. I'm getting more like two days of light to moderate use from the phone.

That's awesome! It does take a few weeks for the battery to adjust to your specific usage. :)

Rose_vietnam

Apr 28, 2019
Visit site
Mine is Exynos as well and it lasts whole day with average use (I do not play games but my daughter does in the evening). People complain about exynos variant but I still love it.

torbjornhb

Jul 3, 2018
Visit site
What's your best tips for saving battery life in the long run. I'm thinking of general settings, not just when you are in real need of maximising battery life.