Did you upgrade from iPhone XR?

farocco

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
I like Notifications.
Music/Maps via bluetooth in car.

Downsides:
too many apps that do the same and no way to remove.
Not sure what to use, like calendar, message...

rolexreviews

Feb 23, 2019
Visit site
I like Notifications.

Downsides:
There's a hide apps option

Touch and hold an empty space on your home screen > Press home screen settings > Hide Apps

Hide the apps you don't wanna use

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I like Notifications.

Downsides:

If you're not sure which app to use - such as the Samsung Calendar or a third-party app - maybe try using the native camera for a few days and see how you like it; and then hide the app and download a third-party one if it is not to your liking.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
Thanks, IOS was easier because most apps needed were apple.

True, but you get a lot of variety on Android and as said above you can always hide apps you don’t like.

For anyone who doesn’t know these are the main differences between the S10e and iPhone XR:

Display: the S10e has a 5.8 inch flat screen super AMOLED display at FHD which is superior to the XR’s larger 6.1 inch Retina LCD which is only HD+.

Battery life: Both have approximately 3100mAh capacity and have decent battery life.

Camera: both phones have good cameras but the S10e has the upper hand as it has a second ultra wide angle camera.

OS: Samsung’s new, cleaner OneUI against iOS 12 really is up to you

Bells and whistles: the S10e has a side fingerprint sensor and 2D facial recognition while the XR has 3D FaceID. The XR has a more secure face unlock but the S10e has the option of using the equally secure fingerprint scanner.

Hope you find the above useful!

farocco

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for posting I really am enjoying the Samsung android experience, but have been with apple a long time, that is why I posted this. I like the general feel of android better and customizable options.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for posting I really am enjoying the Samsung android experience, but have been with apple a long time, that is why I posted this. I like the general feel of android better and customizable options.

So glad you are enjoying it! Android is definitely a more customizable experience! It's fun!

mia_xoxo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
At the moment I have both. Well the s10 Plus and I still haven't been able to decide which one to keep. The battery life on the s10 is great and I love the customization of the phone. Only thing keeping me from picking it over the iPhone XR right now is the video quality in text messages. Fingers crossed that they fix this then it's an easy winner.

farocco

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
I just exchanged my s10e for s10.
they put a soft screensaver on and my display is not as crisp as the s10e with glass screensaver. told me only one exchange, so I am stuck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power